CN TOWER & MR. KERFOOT

Robert

Hey Toronto, maybe you could raise the CN Tower by about 10 meters, that way Mr. Kerfoot could see the MLS Cup a little better!

First he cheaps out on a stadium. Opting to have his team play on concrete surface topped off with AstroTurf, to give us the goofy, accompanying FOLLOW-THE-BOUNCING-BALL effect.

Then he cheaps out on not wanting to pay the league's top-scorer.

How I wish that I lived in a REAL Canadian City, with a REAL Canadian MLS team that plays on REAL grass, with REAL stars that make REAL money.

Enough of this cheap  and phoney WHITECAP shit.

3 hours ago, TRM said:

The port authority was the block. He was willing to build it all at his own expense but the land swap was held up by the PA.

He's got all that money from selling Seagate (Crystal Decisions) and as soon as Plan A doesn't pan out he opts to for for El Cheapo Plan B. Why?

He's got all that money from selling Seagate (Crystal Decisions) and when he can't afford to outbid Queretaro for the services of Camilo, he opts to go for El Cheapo strikers like Mattocks and Hurtado. Why?

In the meantime Whitecap ticket prices keep going up. Why?

Canadian Rankings:

1) Toronto FC

2) Impact Montreal

3) FC Edmonton

3) Ottawa Fury

3) Vancouver Whitecaps

3 hours ago, Robert said:

He's got all that money from selling Seagate (Crystal Decisions) and as soon as Plan A doesn't pan out he opts to for for El Cheapo Plan B. Why?

He's got all that money from selling Seagate (Crystal Decisions) and when he can't afford to outbid Queretaro for the services of Camilo, he opts to go for El Cheapo strikers like Mattocks and Hurtado. Why?

In the meantime Whitecap ticket prices keep going up. Why?

Canadian Rankings:

1) Toronto FC

2) Impact Montreal

3) FC Edmonton

3) Ottawa Fury

3) Vancouver Whitecaps

I cancelled my season tickets for the Whitecaps for a number of reasons:  Drums drown out supporters.  Chants are lead by cheerleader-types who have their backs to the match the entire 90 minutes.  People behind throw beer and peanut shells all over us.  The team has no sense of tradition with its kit (Imagine if the Habs skated onto the ice without the blue band on their red sweaters).  The 'music' they play before the match and at half time can be heard from Grouse Mountain.  When someone phoned me to ask why I didn't renew my ticket, they were phoning from some dump like Minnesota or something.  We don't have people in Vancouver who can make a few phone calls?  Don't even get me started on Mattocks and Hurtado...or the captain who wouldn't even make the bench of Toronto or Montréal.  

3 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

I cancelled my season tickets for the Whitecaps for a number of reasons:  Drums drown out supporters.  Chants are lead by cheerleader-types who have their backs to the match the entire 90 minutes.  People behind throw beer and peanut shells all over us.  The team has no sense of tradition with its kit (Imagine if the Habs skated onto the ice without the blue band on their red sweaters).  The 'music' they play before the match and at half time can be heard from Grouse Mountain.  When someone phoned me to ask why I didn't renew my ticket, they were phoning from some dump like Minnesota or something.  We don't have people in Vancouver who can make a few phone calls?  Don't even get me started on Mattocks and Hurtado...or the captain who wouldn't even make the bench of Toronto or Montréal.  

The read I get off the Whitecaps is that they are more concerned with their strategy for attracting enough fans to open up the upper bowl of BC PLACE rather than for the quality of the product they put out on the field, or more precisely the follow-the-bouncing-ball AstroTurf they have chosen to play on, which shows you precisely where the ownership of this club is at. I mean, I really grateful that Mr. Kerfoot saved the team and everything, but obviously he is incapable of hiring the right people to run a successful club. And what was he trying to accomplish with that women's program of his a few years back? All the money he wasted on that foolishness could have gone to obtaining a quality play-maker, or striker for the club. I question if a people-shy-computer-geek is the best suited-person for owning an MLS team?

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Those annoying drum-groups in the stands, the ridiculous cheerleader-types, the volume of music played, and the El Cheapo schoolboy-forwards the Whitecaps field does not provide me the soccer experience that I'm looking for. It all seems so fake and phony to me. It's a bit contrived and kinda like going to see an amateur Las Vegas audition.

Congratulations to Toronto FC. Good luck in the MLS Final.

Kerfoot wanted to build the stadium He didn't opt for a cheap route. 

He got screwed by politics and corruption.  Didn't' a city councilor, can't remember her name, who led the charge against the caps stadium end up as president of the company that got the five or six hundred million dollar contract? 

4 hours ago, admin said:

Kerfoot wanted to build the stadium He didn't opt for a cheap route. 

He got screwed by politics and corruption.  Didn't' a city councilor, can't remember her name, who led the charge against the caps stadium end up as president of the company that got the five or six hundred million dollar contract? 

I don't know if Mr. Kerfoot got screwed or not at the Portside location. May he did, maybe he didn't. However, after that deal fell through he apparently did not want to build a stadium anymore. Why was that? Like was Portside the only available piece of real estate for sale in Vancouver at that time? No way! He cheaped-out when he couldn't get his way and opted for the existing, non-soccer compatible BC Place, which was having a new roof installed at the time. Why did he do that? Why did he have the temporary Empire Field built? Did he opt for a compromising sweat deal? Whatever the case was, he was not acting in the best interests of his soccer club, but instead focusing on his wallet. The cumulative results of all these poor soccer-ownership decisions will be felt in the reduced number of season tickets he sells this year. Fortunately for him, Vancouver is a market where he can still reverse the doomsday path he is on, if, and only if, he splashes out some big money on some high-priced talent, and then only if he has the right personnel in place to attract REAL talent! Are Lenarduzzi and Robinson the right personnel? However, if Kerfoot gets this decision wrong, he'll wind-up selling the Whitecaps at a fire-sale price in the not too distant future.

Yes he got screwed.  If you realize your own city council is against you and developers hire PR firms with actors to stack council meetings....  maybe you have to throw in the towel.  Let the cronies get their money and compromise. 

That is more likely than him going from building an 80 million dollar facility to suddenly being cheap. 

Vancouver fans should not be abandoning ship. If Toronto fans didn't, Vancouver sure shouldn't it's been 100% better for them from day one. 

On 12/1/2016 at 9:54 AM, admin said:

Yes he got screwed.  If you realize your own city council is against you and developers hire PR firms with actors to stack council meetings....  maybe you have to throw in the towel.  Let the cronies get their money and compromise. 

That is more likely than him going from building an 80 million dollar facility to suddenly being cheap. 

Vancouver fans should not be abandoning ship. If Toronto fans didn't, Vancouver sure shouldn't it's been 100% better for them from day one. 

SCREWED is a pretty strong word in this case. Mr. Kerfoot is going to make more money than you and I will ever see after getting so called SCREWED by Vancouver City Council.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/debate-grows-over-proposed-office-tower-on-downtown-vancouver-waterfront/article24506314/

http://www.carnegie.vcn.bc.ca/whitecaps-tadium-proposal?op=makePrintable;

From a soccer and stadium perspective, I'm going to stick to my earlier argument. Mr Kerfoot, obviously, did not exercise sufficient due diligence with regard to both Vancouver City Council and owning a professional soccer team, as there is no way that REAL GOOD soccer players wants to play a single match, never mind half-a-season, on the concrete and AstroTurf of BC PLACE. Their legs are just to valuable to be subjected to that kind of torture. David Beckham and Thierry Henry are just two players who refused to play in Vancouver. Mr. Kerfoot will have an extremely difficult time trying to sign a bona fide REAL GOOD player that is willing to play 20 or so matches at BC PLACE, which makes meI wonder how long he has committed his club to playing at this worst possible venue for professional soccer?

16 minutes ago, Robert said:

SCREWED is a pretty strong word in this case. Mr. Kerfoot is going to make more money than you and I will ever see after getting so called SCREWED by Vancouver City Council.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/debate-grows-over-proposed-office-tower-on-downtown-vancouver-waterfront/article24506314/

http://www.carnegie.vcn.bc.ca/whitecaps-tadium-proposal?op=makePrintable;

From a soccer and stadium perspective, I'm going to stick to my earlier argument. Mr Kerfoot, obviously, did not exercise sufficient due diligence with regard to both Vancouver City Council and owning a professional soccer team, as there is no way that REAL GOOD soccer players wants to play a single match, never mind half-a-season, on the concrete and AstroTurf of BC PLACE. Their legs are just to valuable to be subjected to that kind of torture. David Beckham and Thierry Henry are just two players who refused to play in Vancouver. Mr. Kerfoot will have an extremely difficult time trying to sign a bona fide REAL GOOD player that is willing to play 20 or so matches at BC PLACE, which makes meI wonder how long he has committed his club to playing at this worst possible venue for professional soccer?

Good.

I hope the guy that brought MLS to Vancouver makes a shit pile of money.  

You can make money and still get screwed out of what you originally wanted to do.   These are not mutually exclusive things. 

22 hours ago, admin said:

Good.

I hope the guy that brought MLS to Vancouver makes a shit pile of money.  

You can make money and still get screwed out of what you originally wanted to do.   These are not mutually exclusive things. 

I would rather see him make that "shit pile of money" with the Whitecaps than off a real estate deal.

I've seen quite a few TCF jerseys worn in downtown Vancouver today. It's kinda of like the Blue Jays of the past 2 years. Young people here seem more interested in supporting a REAL Canadian championship winning club that spends big rather than the local club, which expects us to excited about resigning Erik Hurtado and wants us to shell out between $491 and $1,074 for season tickets to watch a roster of cheap footballers play follow-the-bouncing-ball on AstroTurf-covered concrete.

http://www.whitecapsfcpromo.com/

I continue jonesing in Vancouver to watch REAL soccer players play on REAL grass, just like TFC, whose season ticket prices range between $600 and $1,325.

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new

Or the Montreal Impact whose season tickets range between $454 and $1,378.

https://billets.impactmontreal.com/fr-ca/ticket.aspx?series=50959907-1054-e611-80da-005056be3486

Incredible how both TFC and the Impact give their fans way more bang for their buck than Mr. Kerfoot does in Vancouver.

Archived