Voyageurs #CanMNT Player of the Year

Tuscan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Atiba Hutchinson - Won the Turkish Super Lig. Played in CL league. Was Canada's best midfielder

2) Scott Arfield - Won English Championship and scored 8 goals promoting to EPL. Top player for Canada.

3) Junior Hoilett - Canada's best attacking player throughout WCQ. 

**honourable mention**

Cyle Larin - Led Orlando City with 14 goals and was named to MLS All-Star team. Scored only 1 CMNT goal in 2016.

5 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Don't we have rules for this? We need rules.

Let's go with your rules from last year:

On 12/1/2015 at 0:48 AM, Blackdude said:

The deadline for submissions is 12:01 AM (EST) January 1st, New Years Day 2016. 

Submissions for IPoY must have a first place, second place, and third place selection.

A point system is used to calculate a players points total at the completion of polling. A player will receive 5 points for a 1st place selection, 3 points for a 2nd place selection, and 1 point for a third place selection.

The player with the highest final aggregate total will be declared the Voyageurs International Player of the Year.

Only one submission per IP address. Additional submissions from the same IP address allowed entirely at the Administrators discretion.

For a player to be eligible for the Voyageurs International Player of the Year the player must have been selected for international duty at the senior level in 2014 and be eligible to play for Canada, in accordance with FIFA laws & statutes, as of December 1st, 2015.

Previous Winners:

2006: Atiba Hutchinson
2007: Julian de Guzman
2008: Tomasz Radzinski
2009: Michael Klukowski
2010: Atiba Hutchinson
2011: Dwayne De Rosario
2012: Atiba Hutchinson
2013: Will Johnson
2014: Atiba Hutchinson

5 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I was wondering if I could add a rule like if player X is nominated by the CSA should he be considered for our PoY? (Aka the Patrice Bernier rule)

I don't think we should. Our rules are different. Our results are different.

5 hours ago, matty said:

Labbe, Sinclair, Beckie

I'm not sure if you're trolling or you mixed up the Men's and Women's forums.

10 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Fair enough, rank your choices please!

Ugh I hate tiered ballots. Also not voting for Hutch because he's gonna win
1. Ricketts - Top MNT scorer, MNT's most consistent goal scorer and has been a super sub for TFC (repping Canada everywhere and scoring at the same time goes a long way for me). Haters hate, I like this guy
2. Arfield - Best MNT player this year and has showed he belongs in the EPL
3. Hoilett - Best attacking MNT player and has impressed me at Cardiff

Archived