Grand River CPL Supporters

Levi Oakey

1 minute ago, Levi Oakey said:

I think I liked the previous one a little more. Were you part of the email we sent out? We are going to pull together all the submissions and then hopefully have a vote.

not sure about an email but I'm aware of it.  

Someone asked that I do one with the river tributaries, so thought i'd do both.  If people want me to try anything else just let me know.  I'll probably submit a few.

43 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

Okay, a thoughts, and maybe people can help me here. I am thinking of making a Canada Soccer themed OneNight Werewolf game to give the kids something to do. If you haven't played werewolf - here is an overview.

Essentially, thinking of making the werewolves Abby Wambach? Villagers as CanWNT players. Robber as ref.

sweet.  love that game.  great idea.

On 2/1/2017 at 9:03 PM, Levi Oakey said:

Me too. Figured it would be easy enough for kids but actually the Resistance works even better. Just have to have two cards. Sinclair and Leroux. Then have voting cards.

You are going to have to explain the game to me. Sounds fun. I want to play! 

New event.

Detroit Camping Trip
We're going to do a killer roadtrip. On May 13th KW United will be playing the Michigan Bucks at "Ultimate" Soccer Arenas. And we have decided to make a weekend of it. Detroit City FC is playing the Milwaukee.. who cares, it's DCFC. So we will head out from KW on the 12th around noon. We'll be camping out at Brighton State park and after getting setup head out to meet up with the Northern Guard (DCFC and United actually played their first preseason games together, so we go back). 

We'll spend the next day exploring around and hopefully meeting up with Sergeant Scary and some of the Northern Guard leadership for lunch. We think a few Northern Guard will join us as we kick off the United season against that shittier Michigan team. We'll drive back to KW after the game.

If anyone would like to join, send us a message. We figure minus the cost of food we should be able to keep this to under $100. Which will be a lot of fun.

2 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Crap don't have my passport.  If you're doing anything in Windsor though let me know.  

Also Northern Guard are great people.  Met some of them when they played in Windsor last year.  

They really are. We'll probably do something in Windsor. Amherstburg should have a bunch of stuff going down and there are free national park passes!

• 2 weeks later...

Set up a bus trip to the TFC home opener on March 31st. Bus is $30 and bus/game tickets are $70. 

The bus will leave at 2PM from Fairview Park Mall on the 31st. We have a little form here to help us keep track of numbers. Should be a fun day. We'll be getting to TO hopefully around 4ish at Shoeless Joes to march with the RPB.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

Helping to organize a bus from the Grand for the Canada Jamaica friendly in Toronto.

http://grandriverunion.ca/product/bus-ticket-shirt-canada-vs-jamaica-at-bmo-field/

We're thinking we should be able to pull two buses together.

Chatting with Nathan, I think I'll probably tag along with your group

Game day for United! Big events up coming. The Black and Blue BBQ and two future trips planned. One to the Haudensaunee reservation (ideally for either their end of July Pow-Wow or for their August one) and then the Canada game in September. And I have heard rumours that they might want some scarved supporters sometime in July for like an announcement type thing ;)

5 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

Game day for United! Big events up coming. The Black and Blue BBQ and two future trips planned. One to the Haudensaunee reservation (ideally for either their end of July Pow-Wow or for their August one) and then the Canada game in September. And I have heard rumours that they might want some scarved supporters sometime in July for like an announcement type thing ;)

Ok so that's a big time spoiler/hint hidden in this thread :)

2 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

It's a hint... 60-90 days after the original CPL announcement. They said they would assess teams in that time. I am quietly confident.

That is encouraging and exciting news.  Fingers crossed.  Although I'm sure some will ask proof for your quiet confidence lol

3 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

Congrats on joining L1O! :)