Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

9 hours ago, top cheese said:

WSA is the worst run side in PDL

Tell us why that is, would you? Thunder Bay seems to be very well run and has a long and rather distinguished history in PDL/USL.

I have no idea about the team, but if you have not won a game in 2 years, in PDL, that is a problem. Often rivals have come in on brutal travel schedules, you should be able to wear them down. 

Happens the son of a person I do occasional work for here in Barcelona has his son studying in the US, at UMKC on a soccer scholarship. He played during the summer for Kaw Valley, the Sporting KC affiliate, so faced WSA twice this past season.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:21 PM, Ansem said:

Misik and Manny Aparicio were both at Ordenes in Spanish 4th tier together. They were relegated. After Manny went up to third tier Izarra, Piette's old team, and Misik sort of moved laterally. So he must have close contacts with Aparicio still, which might also suggest a possible destination.

On 1/19/2020 at 11:14 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Tell us why that is, would you? Thunder Bay seems to be very well run and has a long and rather distinguished history in PDL/USL.

I have no idea about the team, but if you have not won a game in 2 years, in PDL, that is a problem. Often rivals have come in on brutal travel schedules, you should be able to wear them down. 

Happens the son of a person I do occasional work for here in Barcelona has his son studying in the US, at UMKC on a soccer scholarship. He played during the summer for Kaw Valley, the Sporting KC affiliate, so faced WSA twice this past season.

Most of the better Winnipeg born players don’t want to play for the team bc of the way it’s run and the coaching. The players though are constantly fighting with each other and the coaches. Seems like a very toxic atmosphere. 

I seen the kaw valley side play last year they were a good side. Most of the teams that come in at stacked with NCAA d 1 players

20 hours ago, top cheese said:

Most of the better Winnipeg born players don’t want to play for the team bc of the way it’s run and the coaching. The players though are constantly fighting with each other and the coaches. Seems like a very toxic atmosphere. 

I seen the kaw valley side play last year they were a good side. Most of the teams that come in at stacked with NCAA d 1 players

I wonder how good Valour would have been if he had players playing their best positions

So instead of getting better for CDN, its getting harder???  And there is always some people who wonder why a lot of us have, lets say "mixed feelings" about MLS.  They wont ever change the rule in MLS to make everyone domestic now.  This will be payback for FIFA/CSA not letting Ottawa stay in USL.  If its true... fuck those guys and the horse they rode in on.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

So instead of getting better for CDN, its getting harder???  And there is always some people who wonder why a lot of us have, lets say "mixed feelings" about MLS.  They wont ever change the rule in MLS to make everyone domestic now.  This will be payback for FIFA/CSA not letting Ottawa stay in USL.  If its true... **** those guys and the horse they rode in on.  

I don’t see it as payback at all.  There are no more Canadian teams in the league and now there is the CPL, Canadians should be considered international players.  The same way Americans in the CPL should be considered international players.

It's not the USL or MLS remit to develop Canadians, regardless of having 3 canadian Clubs in the MLS. Are US players counted as internationals in CPL? 

You could probably argue this move helps support the CPL and pushes Canadians back to the CPL to help the league grow. Its only an issue if the USL wages are significantly higher, that blocks Canadians opportunities but still not US soccer's problem. It frees up space for more US players to come through at USL clubs.

The MLS could also easily say you have a league and TFC VWC and Montreal should play there. They wont do that though as they are great cash cows and also make the league look bigger. If they were in the CPL the CPL would start looking like viable competition. That will likely happen eventually though if CPL ever manages to close the gap in quality and size. Right now it benefits Canada to have teams in the MLS, not so much USL.

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

So instead of getting better for CDN, its getting harder???  And there is always some people who wonder why a lot of us have, lets say "mixed feelings" about MLS.  They wont ever change the rule in MLS to make everyone domestic now.  This will be payback for FIFA/CSA not letting Ottawa stay in USL.  If its true... **** those guys and the horse they rode in on.  

Why should Canadians be counted as domestic in the USL Championship when there are exactly zero Canadian teams in that league? It makes no sense, as does getting upset over it.

16 minutes ago, RS said:

Why should Canadians be counted as domestic in the USL Championship when there are exactly zero Canadian teams in that league? It makes no sense, as does getting upset over it.

Hang on a second..You can't say going on any type of rant, accurate or not and swearing at Americans doesnt give you a nice warm feeling inside..its science. 

28 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Hang on a second..You can't say going on any type of rant, accurate or not and swearing at Americans doesnt give you a nice warm feeling inside..its science. 

Fair point.