lazlo_80

Players you expect to see in the CPL

I'm sure the 200 USL teams are a bit of a problem/competition when it comes to recruitment.  We know that some of the top independent USL teams pay pretty good as they attract boderline MLS players.  But we had good quality ball in season one of CPL AND a bunch of our guys stayed with bigger USL clubs...best of both worlds if you ask me.  Some guys who arent getting PT...why stay?? Ucello, Kacher, Aleman, come on home, there will prob be spots for you.   Much like TFC in their initial years, some of the CDN CPL players werent up to snuff, but the pretenders have been shown out and it'll be better in year 2. 

Plus I'm hoping a few more MLS kids stuck in purgatory get a new lease on life with loans (Hundal, Srbely).  

13 hours ago, Big_M said:

theres plenty of good Canadian keepers even at semi pro and university levels..no need to use an international spot for that

True but international players may have a potential of transfer in Europe and league shining

Holy cow, there is a shocker!!  Larson must have come up with that tweet!  Seriously..you cant even name names??  I guess we should be thankful they arent throwing around Suarez or Balotelli as possible signings like MLS.  

On 11/23/2019 at 10:40 AM, masster said:

It is revealed in this article that Koch has signed a player from Vancouver to his USL Colorado Spring's side. The player is a previous MLS trialist? Who could it be? Ben Fisk?

https://theprovince.com/sports/soccer/alan-koch-back-on-a-rocky-mountain-high-with-usls-switchbacks?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1574514568

The player ended up being former San Jose draft pick Mamadi Camara:

https://www.switchbacksfc.com/news_article/show/1072321

After seeing Babouli and Borges playing together in the outdoor vs indoor Pro's game. I really want to know why a team hasn't picked up Babouli? 

Edited by Shway

15 minutes ago, Shway said:

For his time in Edmonton... Does he have his passport? How could this be? 

Do a search on it Shway, there was a whole discussion years ago about Fordyce and Watson, getting their permanent resident paperwork done when they were with the eddies and whether they could make the CMNT.