lazlo_80

Players you expect to see in the CPL

Twardek, Ennin, Trafford, Hemati, Gomes, Kapor, Hainault, Straith all overseas guys I could see coming home just off the top of my head.

How cool would it be to get a guy like Massih Wassey in CPL?

Tons of guys in USL that you could see come to CPL.  Have to think it’s time for Aleman to give it a shot. 

Hainault and Straith are longshots, given their wages, but it will be interesting to see how the next crop of more marginal Euro players does in the league.  Given how some of the more "marquee" signings have struggled, these guys playing at low levels could also find CPL less welcoming.

Some of the marquee guys that didnt succeed prob are overrated or on the downslide eh? Or they just couldnt mesh with new team, different styles etc.  Not every peg fits in a round hole eh?  The fact that plenty of L10 guys did come in and did better than "marquee" signings, as well as the University kids success  just shows that the level your coming from doesnt equate how you'll do in CPL.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Some of the marquee guys that didnt succeed prob are overrated or on the downslide eh? Or they just couldnt mesh with new team, different styles etc.  Not every peg fits in a round hole eh?  The fact that plenty of L10 guys did come in and did better than "marquee" signings, as well as the University kids success  just shows that the level your coming from doesnt equate how you'll do in CPL.  

Which is why I try to avoid getting worked up about players I haven't seen play, that aren't getting called up to the various national teams, regardless of the league they play in.

Edited by Kent