lazlo_80

Players you expect to see in the CPL

Im not sure now that money is flowing teams dont get a little bold in the summer transfer window. I think with the momentum now a good showing in Voyageurs and Concacaf league is important for the league

15 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Forge: 20/23 (3 spots remain) - U-Sports pick Jace Kotsopolous and Got Game Open Trialist Taha Ilyass were in camp until the very last day, may still be there, possible official announcement coming soon for one or both of them

https://www.league1ontario.com/game/show/24751341

Ilyass played 14 minutes for Sigma this weekend. Not sure if that means he wasn't good enough, or that he just needs some time in the "reserves"

1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

I wonder why Saleh was dropped from York. Anyone have any info?

I've asked peopel that work for York ... they say they don't know (or well, don't want to tell me).

I am really curious. Maybe they changed their mind before contract signed.

Watching Tss and after 15 minutes Jordan Haynes stands out and hes playing left back..played usl with whitecaps 2..could be a good option for a team looking to add an outside back or mid

1 hour ago, yothat2 said:

anyone know why John Smits hasn't signed 

Wasnt he the Keeper coach at UofT??  I think he said he hadnt officially retired yet (look at Onstad or Sutton coming out of retirement) and isnt he only 28-29.  Still prime goalie age.  What does a coaching job in University pay?? 

On 5/17/2019 at 7:23 PM, Big_M said:

Watching Tss and after 15 minutes Jordan Haynes stands out and hes playing left back..played usl with whitecaps 2..could be a good option for a team looking to add an outside back or mid

He was in camp with FC Edmonton. They decided not to sign him.

I was always impressed by Jordan during his time with the Whitecaps youth teams. Much like Mitch Piraux and Jackson Farmer, they seemed to stagnate during that transition period from youth to pro football when WFC2 was being formed. At 23, he will probably never live up to that potential, due to those lost development years. It makes you wonder...do the careers of these players look different if CPL is around 4-5 years ago?

On 5/18/2019 at 11:43 PM, Bison44 said:

Wasnt he the Keeper coach at UofT??  I think he said he hadnt officially retired yet (look at Onstad or Sutton coming out of retirement) and isnt he only 28-29.  Still prime goalie age.  What does a coaching job in University pay?? 

Unfortunately, it pays better than what CanPL offers at the moment. Hopefully, by next year, wages will go up.

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Isn't he good enough for an MLS side?

I know MLS sides prefer American garbage however.

He played decent when in Philadelphia but I guess philly didn't want to pay his wages at that time.

2 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

He played decent when in Philadelphia but I guess philly didn't want to pay his wages at that time.

That was 4 years ago, who knows what his legs are like and what kind of money he is looking for.  He is probably in that strange middle ground the CPL finds itself in now.  He would be a nice addition to the league but the wages are just too much. However if he waits a year or two it will be too late for him to get on the bandwagon.  

At one point FCE talked about bringing a player back from Europe during the summer window. Most people on here assumed it was Adam Straith at the time. Maybe it will turn out to have been Steven Vitoria, but you have to wonder whether Amer Didic wound up taking that roster spot.

I haven't seen Vittoria playing club football recently, from what I have seen of him for our National Team I would think he would be more effective than a guy like Eriq Zavaleta, it would be nice if he does end up in CPL soon!