Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

15 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Forge: 20/23 (3 spots remain) - U-Sports pick Jace Kotsopolous and Got Game Open Trialist Taha Ilyass were in camp until the very last day, may still be there, possible official announcement coming soon for one or both of them

https://www.league1ontario.com/game/show/24751341

Ilyass played 14 minutes for Sigma this weekend. Not sure if that means he wasn't good enough, or that he just needs some time in the "reserves"

1 hour ago, yothat2 said:

anyone know why John Smits hasn't signed 

Wasnt he the Keeper coach at UofT??  I think he said he hadnt officially retired yet (look at Onstad or Sutton coming out of retirement) and isnt he only 28-29.  Still prime goalie age.  What does a coaching job in University pay?? 

On 5/17/2019 at 7:23 PM, Big_M said:

Watching Tss and after 15 minutes Jordan Haynes stands out and hes playing left back..played usl with whitecaps 2..could be a good option for a team looking to add an outside back or mid

He was in camp with FC Edmonton. They decided not to sign him.

I was always impressed by Jordan during his time with the Whitecaps youth teams. Much like Mitch Piraux and Jackson Farmer, they seemed to stagnate during that transition period from youth to pro football when WFC2 was being formed. At 23, he will probably never live up to that potential, due to those lost development years. It makes you wonder...do the careers of these players look different if CPL is around 4-5 years ago?

On 5/18/2019 at 11:43 PM, Bison44 said:

Wasnt he the Keeper coach at UofT??  I think he said he hadnt officially retired yet (look at Onstad or Sutton coming out of retirement) and isnt he only 28-29.  Still prime goalie age.  What does a coaching job in University pay?? 

Unfortunately, it pays better than what CanPL offers at the moment. Hopefully, by next year, wages will go up.

2 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

He played decent when in Philadelphia but I guess philly didn't want to pay his wages at that time.

That was 4 years ago, who knows what his legs are like and what kind of money he is looking for.  He is probably in that strange middle ground the CPL finds itself in now.  He would be a nice addition to the league but the wages are just too much. However if he waits a year or two it will be too late for him to get on the bandwagon.  

Players I would love to see in the CPL. They would make a huge impact on the league.

RM- Stefan Cebara

GK - Tomer Chencinski

LM -Kris Twardek

CF- Colin Jacques

CF- Simeon Jackson

CM - Harry Paton

CM -Massih Wassey

CB- Steven Vitória

CF- Oladapo Afolayan

LW- Caniggia Elva

CB- David Edgar

54 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Players I would love to see in the CPL. They would make a huge impact on the league.

RM- Stefan Cebara

GK - Tomer Chencinski

LM -Kris Twardek

CF- Colin Jacques

CF- Simeon Jackson

CM - Harry Paton

CM -Massih Wassey

CB- Steven Vitória

CF- Oladapo Afolayan

LW- Caniggia Elva

CB- David Edgar

Alessandro Riggi

Masta Kacher

Julien Latendresse-Levesque

Karl Ouimette

Andre Hainault

Scott Kennedy

Charlie Trafford

Mo Babouli

Milovan Kapor

Mark Anthony Gonzalez

Maksym Kowal

Frederic Lajoie-Gravelle

Jonathan Viscosi

Jannouk Charbonneau

Troy Pennycooke-Morgan

La'Vere Corbin-Ong

Caleb Clarke

Daniel Stanese

Paris Gee

Jordan Schweitzer

Alex Comsia

Mallan Roberts

Matt Lam

Gloire Amanda

Tyler Pasher

Adonijah Reid

Miroslav Cabrilo

Matthew Srbely

James Stamopoulos

Jeff Addai

Ryan James

Marin Peric

Jordan Dover

Drew Beckie

Adam Straith

Dario Zanatta

Most of the guys from Ottawa

Seems we have lots of potential for growth 

I could see Jackson coming over. He's probably running out of options unless he wants to play D2 Scotland or D4/5 England. You'll probably have to wait for Elva, Paton and Twardek to give up the euro dream before they come back. Vitoria could still probably get a contract with some small Portuguese top flight team.