Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

45 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

On another matter TFC's latest player signing is probably good news for a Sigma FC player where getting onto the Forge's roster is concerned:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/03/21/toronto-fc-sign-richie-laryea-former-first-round-superdraft-pick

Wouldnt just signing with Forge be easier, if he wanted to play for the Forge?? I think the goal is to stick with TFC.  

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Now TFC II have loaned a Canadian keeper from FC Zurich:

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/03/21/toronto-fc-ii-acquire-yann-fillion-loan

Judging by who he was being loaned out to over the past two years, he'll probably wind up in CanPL eventually rather than MLS.

I'm having a hard time following this, TFC does this TFC does that.  This is the CPL page eh?? Doesnt Ottawa have some sort of loan deal with TFC.  Why are you making the leap that the guys TFC are signing are heading to CPL??  You are posting TFC signings in the CPL thread before its even posted in the TFC thread.  

30 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Yall need to read the thread title....and understand why he's making mention of Canadian players lol. 

The bbtb rhetoric is sometimes tiring here. 

Ya but no one expected him to play in the CPL and at this point there’s no real expectation that he will. If Yann Fillion qualifies for discussion in this thread than really any Canadian playing at almost any semi-professional level in the world would qualify. Then this thread becomes pretty useless.

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Ya but no one expected him to play in the CPL and at this point there’s no real expectation that he will. If Yann Fillion qualifies for discussion in this thread than really any Canadian playing at almost any semi-professional level in the world would qualify. Then this thread becomes pretty useless.

Ya but Richie Laryea was "expected" to play in the CPL no? That was first TFC related post.... 

Then im sure upon his scouring, he found another Canadian "journeyman" signing for TFC II. 

As far as I know, this thread has been about players coming back from wherever they are in the world to play on the CPL. Whether a random blog, podcast, voyaguer asking on twitter.... This is exactly what the thread has been about, so i guess its useless. 

With a bit more digging apparently Yann Fillion is on a five year contract at FC Zurich, so he'll probably be available on loan  next season as well, if it's a case of the coach that rated him being long since fired and the more recent coaching hires having no use for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yann-Alexandre_Fillion

After his time with FC Montreal, Fillion signed a 5 year contract with Swiss Super League club FC Zürich in May 2016.

Might be a good fit for a newly emerging Laval or Quebec City franchise next year, if either of those were to happen.

11 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

As far as I know, this thread has been about players coming back from wherever they are in the world to play on the CPL. Whether a random blog, podcast, voyaguer asking on twitter.... This is exactly what the thread has been about, so i guess its useless. 

Yes, but almost all discussion of players in this thread has revolved around players who seemingly have the possibility of playing in the CPL. Players who've played at a similar level, who are out of contract soon, who are available on loan, etc... I don't see how Fillion fits into any of these scenarios. If someone had posted earlier wondering if he was good enough or he or and agent had expressed interest and then he went to TFC2 I would understand.

Honestly I don't care who posts what, if someone feels a player warrants discussion then have at it. It seemed to me that this thread morphed into more of a player tracker of those who have and those who will not sign in the CPL based more on news than speculation. If I'm wrong about that fair enough. 

GK Nathan Ingham's trial with Swope Park Rangers of the USL Championship went unsuccessful, he is now unnattached. Really unfortunate because he left Calgary foothills mid season for Pittsburg Riverhounds in which he probably would have been signed as a back up to Carducci for the Cavalry 

Him being from the region, I'm surprised he didn't land with York 9! He's a quality signing for any CPL Club

Are teams possibly saving the big names for last to fill out the last couple of spots? With that time just about there could be an exciting couple of weeks. Makes sense from a marketing perspective too.

Calgary looked to have two big names with the un-named Left Winger and no Malonga. Winnipeg have been tight lipped for a few weeks with Forlan and Meneses confirmed by other sources to be talking with the club. Not sure about elsewhere though.

13 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Are teams possibly saving the big names for last to fill out the last couple of spots? With that time just about there could be an exciting couple of weeks. Makes sense from a marketing perspective too.

Calgary looked to have two big names with the un-named Left Winger and no Malonga. Winnipeg have been tight lipped for a few weeks with Forlan and Meneses confirmed by other sources to be talking with the club. Not sure about elsewhere though.

Were Forlan and Meneses confirmed? Last I saw Forlan had been in talks and Meneses didn't hear much about after the original rumour

1 hour ago, Blackjack15 said:

GK Nathan Ingham's trial with Swope Park Rangers of the USL Championship went unsuccessful, he is now unnattached. Really unfortunate because he left Calgary foothills mid season for Pittsburg Riverhounds in which he probably would have been signed as a back up to Carducci for the Cavalry 

As one was a paid job and one wasn't, that choice was obvious. Now it's unfortunate that he didn't sign with a CSL team, that I agree with. Surely he'll get a spot once a couple of teams start to disappoint (which will undoubtedly happen as they can't all be top teams).