Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

55 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Emery Welshman

That would be quite the nice addition, they still could use some more experienced attacking options. I guess he didn't impress enough in preseason for Cincinnati.

Edited by Zem

23 minutes ago, Zem said:

That would be quite the nice addition, they still could use some more experienced attacking options. I guess he didn't impress enough in preseason for Cincinnati.

Agree and Forge at this point would be a very easy sell.  He gets to slot immediately into a starting role at striker, gets to play locally for his old coach and with old teammates, gets to experience all to come and most importantly he gets to earn an MLS salary doing all of this.  

1 hour ago, top cheese said:

I think this guy is making up his back ground

He's just a sketchy guy, he would have to be really impressive for me to sign him as a club.  Just imagine inviting a cancer like that into your locker room.. he'll be telling all these grandiose stories while everyone turns and rolls their eyes.  He'll probably get a bunch of his teammates signed up for some pyramid scheme.  

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

He's just a sketchy guy, he would have to be really impressive for me to sign him as a club.  Just imagine inviting a cancer like that into your locker room.. he'll be telling all these grandiose stories while everyone turns and rolls their eyes.  He'll probably get a bunch of his teammates signed up for some pyramid scheme.  

This why York9 should definitely go for him!! 

7 hours ago, Ansem said:

Oh god, he seems a proper Walter Mitty, I suspect all that stuff about Tottenham and other big clubs looking at him were all just stuff released by him and his agent. I seriously doubt his talent matches anywhere near his own hype, probably likely why his trials failed at other clubs.   

1 hour ago, StillOnFire said:

Oh god, he seems a proper Walter Mitty, I suspect all that stuff about Tottenham and other big clubs looking at him were all just stuff released by him and his agent. I seriously doubt his talent matches anywhere near his own hype, probably likely why his trials failed at other clubs.   

Or maybe Ali Dia? Or maybe Alessandro Zarrelli? Or maybe Carlos Kaiser?

Ryan Brandt, 'Peg journo who covers Valour and won't stop talking about David Edgar, saying now that Edgar may come to CPL in May once his season at Hartlepool is over. I think all this may lend credibility to the 'rumour' that David Edgar has some sort of agreement in place with Valour FC.

Hartlepools last game is Apr 27. Valour's first game is May 1.  Gives him three days to train before playing, just like WCQs. 

Edited by BrennanFan

7 hours ago, Keegan said:

If you scale it down to PEI's first division, I have played with guys like that.  Their talent better be off the fucking charts to be worth the hassle.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Think it was reported he was doing both regardless. 

Ah I see; the Halifax trialists were told this week if they were going to be offered a contract or not, so I assumed he'd been cut, but that makes sense.

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

Incredible that Yuma hasn't been locked by any team so far. 

From Aways touched on Yuma and mentioned in all the videos they've seen of him, including his hat trick from the sub position for Sedan, he actually doesn't look too good. He's a pure scorer, which is fine, but he doesn't seem to be able to add anything else, so it could be a concern about whether he can get by on just scoring goals at a higher level. I still think he should be given a shot though just to see what he's got.

11 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

From Aways touched on Yuma and mentioned in all the videos they've seen of him, including his hat trick from the sub position for Sedan, he actually doesn't look too good. He's a pure scorer, which is fine, but he doesn't seem to be able to add anything else, so it could be a concern about whether he can get by on just scoring goals at a higher level. I still think he should be given a shot though just to see what he's got.

Yeah there's lots of pure goalscorer I'd put in my eleven without hesitation. Pipo Inzagi anyone? Roy Makaay? I know coaches often expect more of their strikers but it's a huge asset to have someone who just makes sure he's in the right place at the right time.  

9 hours ago, Vince193 said:

You know who I am a bit surprised to not hear anything about? Michael Petrasso. I haven't heard anything about his time in England recently, but also nothing about any CPL sides being interested in him.

and he is a NT member these last years