Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

4 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Telfer is still with TFC?

Not sure, just thought I'd include him as today there were rumours he is going to York 9 to reunite with his old coach.  Maybe it's a loan.  Maybe he's the one being sent to the Fury.  He was at TFCs training camp but not in the 18 for the CCL games or season opener, odd they'd play 2 total rookies in Schaffelburg and Dorsey over Telfer in the CCL given his decent play last year.

More

Happy Birthday, Ryan! ?

D02XQ8AWwAAc5bG.jpg
asdffassa

TFC just tweeted this picture/message yesterday so I assume he's still with the team.

(mind you TFC traded Issey Nakajima-Farran to Montreal on his 30th birthday so you never know)

Edited by Rocket Robin
picture

13 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Not sure, just thought I'd include him as today there were rumours he is going to York 9 to reunite with his old coach.  Maybe it's a loan.  Maybe he's the one being sent to the Fury.  He was at TFCs training camp but not in the 18 for the CCL games or season opener, odd they'd play 2 total rookies in Schaffelburg and Dorsey over Telfer in the CCL given his decent play last year.

I don't think it'd be Telfer if the clue is that he had been coached by Jim Brennan, as he came to TFC II way after Brennan had left. That said, if we mean Carmine, he was at York U - so that'd fit.

That said, Aiden Daniels fits the profile a little more. Seeing as he's listed out on loan at mlssoccer.com (despite there being no announcements). I believ ehe was also around when Brennan was coaching in the academy. 

57 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Still without a club:

Mike Petrasso
David Edgar
Mo Babouli
D. Choiniere
Richie Laryea
Christian Gutierrez
Ryan Telfer
Robert Stillo
Callum Irving
Beyland-Goyette
Emile Legault
Tomer Chencinski
Iain Hume

I don’t mean to nitpick, but the guy’s name is Louis Béland-Goyette. Anyone heard anything lately about him?

Edited by Grandbloke

I've been kind of thinking about the potential Laval CPL team possibly coming in year 2, and thinking that it would make sense for the likes of LBG to hold out on any long-term commitments. obviously a French contingent would be expected and I can think of a few guys who it would make a lot of sense for next year.

In addition to LBG having no contract:

Wandrille Lefevre is with AS Blainville this season because he has gotten his CPA and become an accountant in Quebec. He might not want to move anywhere, but a Canadian CPL team might be of interest to him.

If Ottawa continues this implosion, it may leave Maxim Tissot and Jeremy Gagnon-Lapare looking for new clubs, and they've spent a good amount of time in Montreal already.

Karl Ouimette has been bouncing around USL so long on one year contracts, Quebec might be able to provide him more stability. 

If the league quality is any good and Remi Garde continues to use Jackson-Hamel so sparsely, there might be an off chance of him coming to the CPL. Regardless I'd expect him to be moving on from the Impact after this year. 

The stability of the league, the professional image and a decent product on the pitch/on game day could really turn a second year franchise like Laval into a real success out of the gates.

7 minutes ago, shamrock said:

A name I haven't heard is Amer Didic. He hasn't been able to get an MLS-minute at Sporting KC, but still has 3 years or professional experience in USL and was considered one of the better Centre Backs of the league. 

Amer Didic is with San Antonio FC I believe

5 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Looking at the quality of their imports for this season plus Attakora, Haworth, Monsalve, Dixon, implosion seems a bit strong.

I think I more so meant the hesitation from Canadian players. Although I can admit that Choiniere's agent probably had more to do with his decision 

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

Colo Colo has officially confirmed that Cristian is now back with the club following the termination of the loan deal with Huachipato. The injury of the newly signed left back Ronald de la Fuente ( he will be out for 8 weeks) led Coach Mario Salas to find an emergency replacement.  Information from Chile is that his agent was talking to Valour FC but there was also discussions with Toronto FC

Too bad but not so much if he now gets minutes at s superior level. Biggest news from this, reading in between the lines through a telescope and making up what I want to see, he could well be committing to canada if he was willing to cpl it and follow his brother.  

Looks like David Edgar is signing for Hartlepool United in England's fifth tier:

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-united/hartlepool-united-expect-to-complete-another-signing-today-1-9635360

That's a fully pro club that typically draws in the 3,000 to 4,000 range, who until relatively recently were in the Football League, so he can probably still make more money at that level than in CanPL, if $CAN 35k is the norm for starters as has been alleged.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

19 hours ago, charlesmazz said:

Colo Colo has officially confirmed that Cristian is now back with the club following the termination of the loan deal with Huachipato...

Was it a loan deal at Huachipato? Spanish language wikipedia suggests otherwise and that he was probably out of contract:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fes.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCristi%C3%A1n_Guti%C3%A9rrez

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard