Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

57 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Diego Folan to Valour?

39...?

Yes x1000.  I don’t care if he’s almost 40 he would be an absolute legend for young Canadians to learn from and give instant credibility.  This is a former golden ball winner.. I haven’t seen him play in a few years but he seems to still score.

31 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Yes x1000.  I don’t care if he’s almost 40 he would be an absolute legend for young Canadians to learn from and give instant credibility.  This is a former golden ball winner.. I haven’t seen him play in a few years but he seems to still score.

He was decent enough with Kitchee in Hong Kong where he played last

You guys think that teams will buy players for the last stretch of filling roster?

*I'm fully aware that we won't see Million dollar transfer fees but much lower fees does exist for lower tiers. A good tools to get good Canadians playing overseas or good/potential talents at lower fee. Just putting the disclaimer before I get shutdown on this.

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

You guys think that teams will buy players for the last stretch of filling roster?

*I'm fully aware that we won't see Million dollar transfer fees but much lower fees does exist for lower tiers. A good tools to get good Canadians playing overseas or good/potential talents at lower fee. Just putting the disclaimer before I get shutdown on this.

I think we'll see loans but no buys this window

There’s some really solid Canadian players who are out of contract.  I’m wondering if they’re going to sign with a CanPL club:

Bryce Anderson

Molham Babouli

Caleb Clarke

Marcel DeJong ( until he “officially” signs with Pacific)

Jackson Farmer

Daniel Haber

Wandrille Lefavre - signed with AS Blainville

Michael Petrasso

Quillan Roberts

John Smitts

Mason Trafford

That’s not a bad list of players many of us would recognize that are available.

Edited by baulderdash77

58 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

There’s some really solid Canadian players who are out of contract.  I’m wondering if they’re going to sign with a CanPL club:

Bryce Anderson

Molham Babouli

Caleb Clarke

Jackson Farmer

Daniel Haber

Michael Petrasso

Quillan Roberts

John Smitts

Mason Trafford

Curious about Babouli...I assumed he would have been an automatic for going to CPL...

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

Bryce Anderson

Molham Babouli

Caleb Clarke

Jackson Farmer

Daniel Haber

Michael Petrasso

Quillan Roberts

John Smitts

Mason Trafford

Callum Irving is still out of contract I think?

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

Bryce Anderson

Molham Babouli

Caleb Clarke

Jackson Farmer

Daniel Haber

Michael Petrasso

Quillan Roberts

John Smitts

Mason Trafford

10 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Callum Irving is still out of contract I think?

Yep, and so are Stefan Cebara, Tomer Chencinski, Richie Laryea, Mauro Eustaquio and David Choiniere. Still plenty of great potential signings.

Edited by Zem

13 hours ago, Zem said:

Yep, and so are Stefan Cebara, Tomer Chencinski, Richie Laryea, Mauro Eustaquio and David Choiniere. Still plenty of great potential signings.

The Impact will likely re-sign David Choinière. Also at their training camp is Émile Legault, whom they might sign, but if they don’t he would be a great CanPL signing.

Edited by Grandbloke

13 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

Curious about Babouli...I assumed he would have been an automatic for going to CPL...

Well Mississauga MetroStars of the MASL have eleven more games in their season which ends April 6th.  I'll assume on the losing streak they're on they won't make the playoffs.  

It's possible a team has him in mind but is waiting to see that he doesn't get hurt the rest of the indoor season (and then they'll still have three weeks before the season starts).   So not signing him now so they can back off if he gets seriously injured.  

8 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Not sure what his recent salary levels were but I honestly don't see how the CPL team would be able to offer a high enough salary for him to consider it. Has anybody figured out the approximate upper limit a player could make in CPL? 80K, 100K? That would stretch the rest of team pretty thin no?

I mean I guess there is there is the possibility it's less about the salary at this point and more about a place where he'd rather live and play.

17 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Not sure what his recent salary levels were but I honestly don't see how the CPL team would be able to offer a high enough salary for him to consider it. Has anybody figured out the approximate upper limit a player could make in CPL? 80K, 100K? That would stretch the rest of team pretty thin no?

I mean I guess there is there is the possibility it's less about the salary at this point and more about a place where he'd rather live and play.

Well, and something about how he is personally challenging himself to play in as many countries before retiring - so pay might not be the main consideration. He's done Asia a bunch already ... so, I think it's just North America and Africa left.