Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

Sounds like some players are feeding RUMOURS themselves or their agents to get their names out. Don't like that. I really hope clubs focus on their own squad building processes and focus on Canadian core and well chosen internationals first, plus any deserving international players who came for trials. 

Building a competitive roster from  scratch and trying to judge if you are on par with other clubs as you go is really damn hard.

1 hour ago, CPLArgentina said:

We had trials.  He had months to prove real interest by showing up.

Again, we know the market is like that, and we're flattered.  It's good for the league. But I'd prefer to hear of players really in contact and not just the result of agents feeding rumours to create buzz about non-Canadians.

@CPLArgentina is doing a great job for the Argentinian players willing to join CPL, I believe any buzz regarding the league is good. If international players are willing to play in CPL, the clubs have the choice to sign them according to their budget and their needs, so I prefer fake news rather than no news. We, Canadians, may not be used to a sport who's known worldwide and to get some interest from other countries that have a great soccer culture. 

5 hours ago, CPLArgentina said:

I only post info about argentine players who asked me about the CPL and expressed the desire of playing in the league. I'm not an agent. I'm only an amateur journalist.

I think that is fantastic, quite honestly. And appreciating that, I have even asked you questions here, but you have ignored me. And maybe others as well? You should activate NOTIFICATIONS, as that way you'll know who is responding to you.

In any case, there is a big difference between telling us about a player who is signing, and feeding rumours about any old Argentine who maybe might think it could be a cool idea. Because that sort of information is totally unedifying, let them go through proper channels and do the work, or their agents. 

So back to my question of a few days ago: how did you hear Manny Aparicio is signing and what more do you know?

34 minutes ago, mtlsab said:

@CPLArgentina is doing a great job for the Argentinian players willing to join CPL, I believe any buzz regarding the league is good. If international players are willing to play in CPL, the clubs have the choice to sign them according to their budget and their needs, so I prefer fake news rather than no news. We, Canadians, may not be used to a sport who's known worldwide and to get some interest from other countries that have a great soccer culture. 

A feed about players interested in a league, without anything more, is pretty low level "journalism" or information.

I mean, there could literally be thousands of potential players out there. We could have a CPLKorea and get daily tidbits, this or that guy "interested" who is sitting on his butt in Busan the way those other guys are on their butts in Rosario. That is really poor. If a guy is really in contact with a club, is in negotiation, that is different. 

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

A feed about players interested in a league, without anything more, is pretty low level "journalism" or information.

I mean, there could literally be thousands of potential players out there. We could have a CPLKorea and get daily tidbits, this or that guy "interested" who is sitting on his butt in Busan the way those other guys are on their butts in Rosario. That is really poor. If a guy is really in contact with a club, is in negotiation, that is different. 

There are a couple of accounts on twitter from different countries of people following CPL and trying to promote players from their country to CPL, which isn't a bad thing. The agents and the clubs have to do their job if something is gonna happen I guess :)

Honestly though, I don't see any of that as a bad thing.  The more players talk about the league, and the more people are interested in transfer speculation, the better in general.  I can see why we wouldn't want every twitch from every agent posted here since it would clutter up the thread, but in general I think CPL will take any attention it can get.  Let get people as excited about this thing as we are!

Never in the history of a league has there ever existed a category of "Any old guy who may be interested in playing there". It does not exist as a working category. The reason is because it is so generic as to be useless. I have been reading the international sports press for decades, in at least 4 languages, and have never read an article with the headline: "Chilean Player Offers to Play in Austrian 2nd tier". It's laughable. And no Austrian would ever be dumb enough to say "it is an honour to be so considered."

I am also happy folks want to play here, but we know that already from those serious about it; hundreds signed up from around the world for our trials, paid their own costs, travel, lodging, and went to places they'd never been to before. Those guys have guts, show character, are willing to make a sacrifice, are admirable. I would pay 50 times more attention to them, or to someone with a proper agent contacting a club, than this cracker-jack version of finding a team. Don't you see encouraging it is actually amateur to the extreme?

I just expect people to be able to distinguish between serious, proven interest and frivolous interest. I mean: CPL is not even single entity, clubs sign players. 

Image result for jerry stiller dad meme

Edited by Unnamed Trialist