Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

Thought this might interest some. First Touch Football appears to be running an Off Season Training Camp for pros and potential pros. Their Twitter account has shown a number of CPL, CPL Prospects, MLS and USL players training.

So far, over two days it has listed:

Sergio Camargo (Cavalry FC)

Raheem Edwards (Chicago Fire)

Chris Nanco (Forge FC)

Marko Mandekic (Forge FC)

Brian Wright (New England Revolution)

Kwame Awuah (New York City FC)

Lucas Birnstingl (Oakville Blue Devils)

Richie Laryea (Orlando City)

Ryan James (Pittsburgh Riverhounds)

Justin Stoddart (Sigma FC)

Reggie Laryea (Sigma FC)

Kamal Miller (Syracuse University)

Ryan Raposo (Syracuse University)

Malik Johnson (Tampa Bay Rowdies)

Jay Chapman (Toronto FC)

Jordan Hamilton (Toronto FC)

Ryan Telfer (Toronto FC)

Anthony Sousa (University of Toronto)

Dylan Carreiro (Valour FC)

Skylar Thomas (Valour FC)

Matt George (Vaughan SC)

Austin Ricci (York 9)

Daniel Gogarty (York 9)

Kyle Porter (York 9)

https://twitter.com/FTFCanada_

Edited by deschamp86

3 hours ago, Kent said:

I didn't think Darren O'Dea was good for TFC, but I'll be happy if he comes to CPL. I think he's still a very good level for the league to be attracting.

That was my argument for me he was not good enough for TFC, however, would be a major signing for this league and a good one.

7 hours ago, Ansem said:

I don't remember Steven Hoyle but I've got him in some of my game reports.  He played for Toronto Lynx PDL in 2013 in a season where they finished pretty decently with 5 wins, 7 losses, 2 ties for 17 points and missed the playoffs by 1 point (5th of 7 teams) behind two teams with 18 points.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports13/13lynx03.htm

Starting lineup pic he's behind the girl with the hand shading her face and a pic him taking the second half kickoff.  

The returning Winnipeg player thing may be about having no accommodation provided for out-of-town players as much as it is about the coach. There also seems to be an emphasis on signing local players elsewhere, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe just as well Surrey didn't happen and that there are two Golden Horseshoe teams from a competitive parity standpoint. Import players should help address that more effectively, however, than was the case in the CSL era given there are more allowed this time around.

6 minutes ago, C2SKI said:

You always have the most pessimistic outlook. What’s your motivation?

Expect the worst, that way you're more excited if things work out I'd imagine, and not as disappointed if it doesn't. I catch myself doing it sometimes.

Edited by tyler453

On 12/17/2018 at 4:21 AM, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

The returning Winnipeg player thing may be about having no accommodation provided for out-of-town players as much as it is about the coach. There also seems to be an emphasis on signing local players elsewhere, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe just as well Surrey didn't happen and that there are two Golden Horseshoe teams from a competitive parity standpoint. Import players should help address that more effectively, however, than was the case in the CSL era given there are more allowed this time around.

Edited by KidCanada

8 minutes ago, tyler453 said:

Expect the worst, that way you're more excited if things work out I'd imagine, and not as disappointed if it doesn't. I catch myself doing it sometimes.

Sure, but this is beyond tempering expectations. It’s a concerted and vocal negative spin on every single detail or rumour. It accomplishes nothing but squelching excitement. I’d like to know why

42 minutes ago, KidCanada said:

...Or maybe teams get first crack at a certain number of locals and nobody else can try? 

That was one of the player pools mentioned by David Clanachan, so they are deliberately pushing the local angle. Will be interesting to see what happens when the transfer window opens and whether the claims that people close to the Fury have made are valid and if so have an obvious effect on who signs where.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

16 minutes ago, KidCanada said:

Ali Musse's entire family moved to Edmonton 2-3 years ago.

Dylan Carreiro's hasn't called Winnipeg home in 10 years or so. Family lives in GTA. 

By this report, Musse likely turned down Edmonton and Calgary. Or maybe teams get first crack at a certain number of locals and nobody else can try? 

Probably just an approach of reasonableness re: Foothills.  Cavalry can’t possibly get to keep that whole team plus they got the first overall pick, who is also a forward. 

It makes sense that Musse is an odd man out when he can be called a “hometown guy” on another team and generate local buzz. 

I think it would be cool to see what type of Xmas wish lists we can come up with using 1 keeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 attackers (all Canadian and within reason).. here is mine for Forge FC: 

Keeper: Roberts

Defenders: Gasparotto, Murrell 

Mids: Awuah, Laryea

Attackers: Reid, D.Haber

4 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Come on... 

He’s entitled to his opinion and it adds a sort of balance to the discussion.  Do I agree? Not always, but he can think of the league as he sees fit (and be proved wrong).  

There's no balance. He's anti-CanPL and no piece of evidence that counters his entrenched position will shift him, nor will any amount of evidence debunking his BS stop him continuing to roll out that same BS again and again, ad nauseum. He's a cancer on this board and needs fucking off.