Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/12/10/emery-welshman-joins-growing-contingent-fcc-players-coming-mls

Oooh.  Looks like Emery Welshman won't be joining CPL.  

A story very similar to Kyle Bekker.  Born one year apart.  Both from the GTA...OK Bekker from  Oakville and Welshman from Mississauga. 

Both drafted same year by TFC in MLS...both had time with Sigma FC...both playing for USL teams last year but FC Cincinnati moving up to MLS while North Carolina FC staying at the USL level. 

Welshman has played as an international for Guyana so that would bother some of the CPL domestic = CNMT eligible purists on here.  

I always bring a third guy into this....Greg Ranjitsingh a goalie for Sigma FC born in Scarborough ON who played for Sigma FC and won a second USL championship for Louisville City last year.  He is an international for T&T.    

1 hour ago, KW519 said:

Darren seemed to really enjoy his time in Toronto.... if York 9 can pull this off they would be signing a better CB than all of TFC's CB's apart from Mavinga imo.

Agreed. I’ve always like O’Dea, and I was sad to see him leave TFC. 

6 hours ago, KW519 said:

Darren seemed to really enjoy his time in Toronto.... if York 9 can pull this off they would be signing a better CB than all of TFC's CB's apart from Mavinga imo.

He would be a good signing based on where he has played as compared to most of the other players that will be in the league the first few seasons , however , to say that he would be a better CB than all of the other TFC CB’s right now I have to laugh and laugh hard, this guy would not start on the present TFC team right now or make the bench. There was a reason he played on TFC during a time when they had one of the worst teams in the league and also one of the worst defensive in the league, if he was so good as some people made him out to be he would have played more seasons with TFC he didn’t because he was just not good enough period .

1 minute ago, 1996 said:

He would be a good signing based on where he has played as compared to most of the other players that will be in the league the first few seasons , however , to say that he would be a better CB than all of the other TFC CB’s right now I have to laugh and laugh hard, this guy would not start on the present TFC team right now or make the bench. There was a reason he played on TFC during a time when they had one of the worst teams in the league and also one of the worst defensive in the league, if he was so good as some people made him out to be he would have played more seasons with TFC he didn’t because he was just not good enough period .

He was a good player at TFC, he left because of the salary cap, not because of his skill. He’s better than Zavaleta and Hagglund in my opinion. He’s probably not as good as Mavinga, but he is a good player. 

19 minutes ago, 1996 said:

Sounds like you havn't even seen the former captain play, or have any idea of the circumstances he left under. Calling Zavaleta,Hagglund, and an almost  35 year old Moor better than O'Dea and saying he wasn't good enough period is a pretty big reach, i'm calling a foul. Like common, no one in their right mind would start Zavaleta or Hagglund over O'Dea, let alone leave him out of the 18. So i'm curious why you rate Zavaleta and Hagglund higher without having seen O'Dea play? 

O Dea was ok on a completely shit TFC team. And that was 5 years ago...I dont imagine he has gotten any quicker.  Remember who he was playing with bossamonde, Hall, 13 year old Henry??   Mls has moved on, talent level is higher etc.....AND saying all that I still would say he is probably better than Zav.  

O'Dea and St. Clair would both be great signings.  St. Clair is honestly more surprising to me, he still has one year of eligibility and would surely be on MLS teams radars.  This is exactly the type of signing that will make this league a success - if true.

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

Just to keep thecrqzy  trend of panicking in areas where we haven’t specifically heard news  (sponsors, tv/streaming deals, salary cap, etc...). 

I don’t think any CPL team besides Forge and York are going to have enough players. This extremely reliable twitter account has only been tweeting rumours for York and Forge, so obviously none of the other teams have players. I am extremely worried about this.

34 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I don’t think any CPL team besides Forge and York are going to have enough players. This extremely reliable twitter account has only been tweeting rumours for York and Forge, so obviously none of the other teams have players. I am extremely worried about this.

Or maybe, it's because the person behind CPL Transfers is someone from Ontario with a lot of contacts there and may have zero contacts outside of Ontario. 

1 hour ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Just to keep thecrqzy  trend of panicking in areas where we haven’t specifically heard news  (sponsors, tv/streaming deals, salary cap, etc...). 

In the same vein of crazy panicking, I am extremely worried that there are not yet line-ups outside the stadiums for opening day! C'mon people! Show your excitement and loyalty. Set up a tent and get ready to cheer on your team. You've only got three months!

Some very interesting signings coming out here. I wish we had someone close to Pacific FC giving out more details. I like the St. Clair signing for both the league and himself. He is fully proven at the NCAA level, so why stay (I do not know the state of his academics)? He can come close to home and probably earn a pretty decent salary for a kid his age, while living at home. In addition, he probably will have a way better chance to start in a professional league then he would otherwise get from MLS (3-4 years away). 

9 hours ago, KW519 said:

Sounds like you havn't even seen the former captain play, or have any idea of the circumstances he left under. Calling Zavaleta,Hagglund, and an almost  35 year old Moor better than O'Dea and saying he wasn't good enough period is a pretty big reach, i'm calling a foul. Like common, no one in their right mind would start Zavaleta or Hagglund over O'Dea, let alone leave him out of the 18. So i'm curious why you rate Zavaleta and Hagglund higher without having seen O'Dea play? 

I saw enough of him during the disaster years of TFC was not good enough my opinion!

7 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I'm worried why they haven't told us who the mascots will be.?