Supporters United Shirt

Admin

27 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Shrug, I would be fine with slightly more if I knew how it was being spent.  say 30 as opposed to 25 and that five goes back into the coffers of SLF for future expenses?  Just seems logical.

I think once you go past 29.99 for a t-shirt people get a mental block and don't go for it

1 hour ago, Complete Homer said:

I think once you go past 29.99 for a t-shirt people get a mental block and don't go for it

Yes I certainly agree that there is an upper cost limit which, after you pass it, the T-Shirt kind of becomes unsellable. All I'm saying is that making a few cents or so on each T-Shirt should always be the target. In the past certain Vs have taken a personal financial hit in the attempt to keep costs for things down. And part of the reason for this is that there seems to be a very small but reasonably vocal minority who think that they are entitled to get everything at an extreme discount. In fact I've seen people get taken to task by other Vs for asking for the flags back from the TIFO and for the section tickets being too expensive (as in $20 was deemed to be too much). However, what these complainers didn't seem to realize was that tickets and supporters gear doesn't come free and if they don't pay their fair share then someone (often the people who have worked hardest to put the supporters section together) ends up having to cover the costs. I don't think this will be much of an issue post-incorporation, but it has been an issue in the past, and I have little sympathy for some who complain about how much they're paying only to foist that cost onto someone else.

I'm not saying that you guys are saying this btw, or anyone I've seen posting here lately. But I have seen and heard these complaints by others, and I think it should be standard practice to make sure costs are covered, have a small cushion as a safety net, say explicitly that this is the case, and give little attention to those who are only after freebies. 

Anyone complaining about  ticket price at $20 is looking at the base price and not adding in SC and Pay Pal fees.  

There are a few cases where by someone with youth club access can get cheaper tickets... but only by a dollar or two at most... and if you need to complain about that when you are getting the tickets for 4-8 less than via TM.... well I don't know what to say.

I like the very first one in the thread best - I guess I am a ring style t shirt kind of guy.  They look a little more upscale to me.  The dark colour is good too.  A pairs of jeans and you are ready to go out for the night.

For price, $25 delivered would be great.  Too much more and it becomes something that lots of people think would be cool, but many wouldn't pull the trigger.  The idea is to get as many out there as possible, so I wouldn't prioritize  making a cushion on price.  Of course, that is prob self-interest speaking, and no one should have to take a financial hit for sure.

As for the wording, I like "soccer" rather than footy just because the purpose is league promotion, and "football" definitely targets a segment that is already inclined to be interested.

Regardless, great work pulling these together. I am grabbing one.

I'm assuming that $20 would be the best price point for selling the most shirts. However, if $25 covers shipping costs, then I'll still buy a couple.

I personally prefer the term soccer, but I know that my brother would want his shirt to say football.

I put in my vote for the words.

As for colour, I would wear both the dark grey & the light grey. I'd wear the black one you posted later as well, but I've been trying to move away from black. As I have a 9-month-old, white is impossible for me to maintain. I believe someone else also mentioned a red shirt. Wouldn't mind that either, but definitely the dark & light grey shirts were my favoured style.

As for price point: $25 is very reasonable. It would be hard to convince me to pay $30 for a t-shirt on a regular day, but if it was manufactured in Canada I can get behind that. An extra $5 to support Canadian jobs in addition to Canadian footy is something I'm happy to get behind.

Archived