Supporters United Shirt

Admin

I hate mock ups, but this is the shirt I was thinking of using for the Supporters United fund raising shirt for the CanPL.

Any objections?   It's a black heather with black trim.

I will also be adding a new line of SLF shirts which you will be able to get in a variety of colors to represent different parts of the country.

I'll add a few more options in different colors. 

* Soccer or Football

mock-up.jpg

8 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

They all look great 

But which one are you most likely to actually wear? 

I'm inclined to go with the darker one.   I was going to use that one for the V's canoe logo as well.  The white/black/silver of that looks really good on the black heather.

Just now, admin said:

But which one are you most likely to actually wear? 

I'm inclined to go with the darker one.   I was going to use that one for the V's canoe logo as well.  The white/black/silver of that looks really good on the black heather.

The black or grey one is probably best bet for me. The white/red is nice because of the flag tie-in but it's less my style. But that's just completely personal taste, I think it depends heavily on the individual 

Just now, Complete Homer said:

The black or grey one is probably best bet for me. The white/red is nice because of the flag tie-in but it's less my style. But that's just completely personal taste, I think it depends heavily on the individual 

Yeah. 

I think I will eliminate the mid grey.  Go with black heather.  

Add more options later.

9 minutes ago, grande said:

- Darkest heather is my favourite.

- I'd prefer without the "ring" around the neck.

- We call it "soccer" in Canada.

You can call it either.

I'll make a straight black one for now and keep it simple

Just inclined to make something to set it apart. 

26 minutes ago, shermanator said:

If I'm honest, I would wear none of those shirts. Not a fan of the "ringer" style with armbands.

Ok, about to make a straight black one.  

I'll see if I can track down a black heather in a plain shirt. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

You will be able to select soccer vs football

Good. I'm picturing what people's reaction (or silent assumptions) to the shirt would be if they saw me/someone wearing one of these shirts without the context of being at a soccer game.

I like the simplified ones too.  However, I also like the supporters united part because it speaks to the existing supporters and gives other people a sort of 'buy in' to being a supporter.

I don't want to pollute the waters with too many choices that are really close.  

Need people to not just like stuff, but speak up and say which one they prefer.  Not just which one they like, but why they think it should be one or the other.

I will launch this on Thursday when I get back. Let people discuss it for a couple of days. 

Here is a non mock up of the SU version.

supporters-united-canpl.jpg

Not directing this at anyone in particular, but as much as we enjoy the soccer vs football debate...

The point of these shirts isn't just to say that we're supporters, raise money, etc.  It's also to get the word out, open things up to a wider audience, and have more people support local soccer & the CPL.

And if the shirts say "Support local football", that message is going to get lost.  Just consider that aspect before you vote.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Also pricing.

Voyageurs shirts not really priced to make money.  

These are a fund raiser, so I think they should be $20 or $25 with shipping in Canada included. 

How do people feel about that? 

IMHO this should always be the case. Price should be enough to cover cost plus a small percentage. 

Archived