Western Final: Seattle (4) vs Colorado (2)

Moldy9

Who do you think will face the Canadian team in the final?

Tim Howard, Colorado GK, was injured in the WCQ vs Mexico with an adductor and Gashi, one of Colorado's more lethal players had to be subbed off the last game with an injury. Will they be back to play for 22 November and if so will they be 100%?

This definitely improves the odds for Seattle. 

I personally think Seattle is an all round better team than Colorado. I wasn't too impressed with their performance vs an old tired LA in the 2nd leg. The only other advantage Colorado has going for them aside from a fit Gashi and Howard is Letoux and the 1700m altitude. 

And should Seattle and Montreal make the final I'm definitely road tripping to Seattle from Edmonton. 

I am not sure it is that much of a severe blow. They actually had a better record with Zach MacMath in goal before Howard was signed mid-season both in wins, ties and losses and in goals allowed than with Howard. Many of the Rapids fans thought MacMath was at this point in their careers the superior keeper but Howard played because he was the big name signing. I think the biggest worry for Colorado is not a downgrade in ability at the position but that MacMath hasn't played much in the 2nd half of the season and hasn't played a game since September so he may not be very in top form due to lack of play. That is a pretty serious coaching error in my opinion when you have a team with 2 equally strong keepers and you don't give one of them some game time in case you need to use him when it counts. 

Just for info. Was checking prices on Stub Hub to get an idea as to how much they're charging right now for seats at Century Field for a potential game vs IMFC on 10 Dec and they're selling at $150 plus with very few seats available.

I called Seattle Sounders ticket info and I was told by the helpful agent that the visiting supporters section (203 if small group, 300 if large) is a lot cheaper going at $55 USD for their game vs Colorado however if anyone is considering this I was told IMFC fans have to make the call through Impact ticket agents (crossing fingers) should both teams go through. 

On 15/11/2016 at 7:06 PM, Grizzly said:

I am not sure it is that much of a severe blow. They actually had a better record with Zach MacMath in goal before Howard was signed mid-season both in wins, ties and losses and in goals allowed than with Howard. Many of the Rapids fans thought MacMath was at this point in their careers the superior keeper but Howard played because he was the big name signing. I think the biggest worry for Colorado is not a downgrade in ability at the position but that MacMath hasn't played much in the 2nd half of the season and hasn't played a game since September so he may not be very in top form due to lack of play. That is a pretty serious coaching error in my opinion when you have a team with 2 equally strong keepers and you don't give one of them some game time in case you need to use him when it counts. 

Regardless, the job of a sub keeper is to be ready, and more than any other player a keeper can be ready stopping shots in scrimmages. I am surprised by the data though, I thought Howard started scoreless and everyone was so impressed. 

Just for the record, and as a Caps fan, Seattle can burn in hell whatever happens. And Century Link, what a fake bunch of fans with their suckhole miltarized pre-game show. and automated cheering. Hate it.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Moldy9, is there a minimum no of tickets reserved for visiting fans in case of a final?

Do they at least ensure a larger contingent could be there is they wanted?

UT- I can't really say for certain.  I think VW fans or guys who went to Seattle to watch CMNT could know the answer to this although from what I researched and what she told me it just depends on the size of the group expected. She said it definitely is the MLS policy that they (the hosts) can't sell those tickets. You could imagine why.

Although the potential of IMFC playing a cup final would be enormous I doubt many fans could afford the freaking retarded airfare to cross the continent, most except Trillium and his pension. NewLeaf airlines who have flights to Abbotsford BC from Hamilton, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Moncton don't fly everyday. They're definitely a heck of a lot cheaper and all you'd need to do is rent a car for 200km to Seattle. 

Personally i think being in 203 in the corner is better than 300 which is higher up. 

9 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Just for info. Was checking prices on Stub Hub to get an idea as to how much they're charging right now for seats at Century Field for a potential game vs IMFC on 10 Dec and they're selling at $150 plus with very few seats available.

I called Seattle Sounders ticket info and I was told by the helpful agent that the visiting supporters section (203 if small group, 300 if large) is a lot cheaper going at $55 USD for their game vs Colorado however if anyone is considering this I was told IMFC fans have to make the call through Impact ticket agents (crossing fingers) should both teams go through. 

I would go to the game if Montreal play Seattle.......hop across the border and I'm there :)

Seattle takes the first leg 2-1. 

While watching the game the commentators mentioned that ever since the MLS went to a home and away format in the conference finals that 6 times out of 8 the lower seed team that takes the first game at home goes on to win the series. 

7 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

Meh. My take aways: not so impressed with either Seattle or Denver. I think TFC or IMFC can win the title. And that match was dull. Also MLS does a lousy job pumping their playoffs.  

I don't know what else they could do to "pump" their playoffs.   They have a sched that runs parallel to the NFL.  

The real effective promotion is done by the broadcast partners and local media.   But how much control does the league have over that?  Very little.  

Archived