Canadian Premier League: The Story So Far

1 minute ago, Diamondium said:

I just wanted to make my first post in regards to this post because I am one of those people who googled "Canadian Premier League" and found the December summary. After more digging, I was eventually led here and have been following silently for a little bit.

There is definitely some silent interest in the league among casual followers and updates such as these updates are much appreciated! I've always been more of a casual soccer fan and haven't followed too much, but the CPL would definitely be the thing to seal my transition transition to hardcore fan having a domestic league to follow (regardless of quality).

This gave me a huge smile, thanks for that :) 

The original goal of the timeline was to help piece together all the little tidbits that had come out, but I was hoping turning it into blog posts would help draw people from outside the Voyageur bubble. Glad to hear I've been successful in at least one occasion! 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 2017-3-18 at 7:33 AM, Gopherbashi said:

Yeah, and Bill Peterson said that there were "more than 40 groups" who'd shown interest in an NASL expansion team.

We I'm not completely sure what it means, Bierne said in the Molinaro interview that 10 groups had sent an expression of interest which requires some sort of legal document, 3 inquiries outside of that that they consider serious, and many "inquiries" in general

Obviously he's going to say the right things for PR, but it does seem like there's a number of groups showing more than a passing or unrealistic interest

Archived