Canadians abroad: October 21-27, 2016

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for October 21-27, 2016.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany

Corbin-Ong played 90 for FSV Frankfurt against Zwickau

Scotland

Gasparotto started against Raith. Raith win 4-2

Gomes starting in the cup, against Stirling University. Final 3-1. Thats 2 wins for Gomes in a row

Zanatta starting for Queens park in League 1 action against Airdrie. Played 90 in a 4-1 loss

India

Hume has scored for Atletico de Kolkata against Delhi, subbed out in the 84th up 1-0. 

England

Arfield started for Burnley they are up 1-0 was booked in the 18th. Scores the winner in extra time.

England

In a 4-2 loss, Leutwiler played 90 minutes.

Italy

In a 3-1 loss, Cristante played 74 minutes.

Finland

In a 2-1 loss, Monsalve played 90 minutes.

Norway

In a 2-1 win, Occean played 90 minutes and Messoud stayed on the bench.

In a 2-1 loss, Thomas stayed on the bench,

In a 2-0 loss, Hirschfeld played 90 minutes. 

In a 1-1 draw, Straith played 90 minutes.

Sweden 

In a 0-0 draw, Chencinski stayed on the bench.

In a 3-0 win, Boakai stayed on the bench.

loom at this! is this who i think it is?!?!?(sorry... i had to make it b&w b/c of size limit)

hahahhahahaha..... shoot! u guts beat me to it, but i wanna share my find anyways. i didnt know so many of u are active voyagers when the MNT isnt active.  

dont laugh. the only reason why i was on this site btw was to check if they are gonna show the manu-chels match sun morning. 

IMG_20161023_014027_edit.png

20 hours ago, shermanator said:

His play on the first goal was incredibly poor. A weak shot that was spilled by Stekelenburg right to Vokes. Nice finish on the second goal though.

Incredibly poor?? He made a great 40 yard run before having his strike deflected. Not sure how that qualifies as incredibly poor

Arfield's run was decent, yes, but the shot was just horrendous, and he had Vokes available in space. Never should have been a goal, and only was so because of a howler of an error by Stekelenburg. 

Had someone like Haber or Ricketts or Larin made that same play for the national team people would be all over them.

Archived