Zachary Ellis-Hayden

Dub Narcotic

No, he isnt a sigma product. Played with kw and london clubs until he went to university.

Technically gifted RB, very good at going forward. Actually surprised he hasnt been given a chance considering we play Dixon and Henry at RB.

Edited by Fastfeet2

2 hours ago, Fastfeet2 said:

No, he isnt a sigma product. Played with kw and london clubs until he went to university.

Technically gifted RB, very good at going forward. Actually surprised he hasnt been given a chance considering we play Dixon and Henry at RB.

Seems to be a trend with our outside backs that they are talented going forward but lack on the defensive side of the game, often better utilized as wingers. Is this another case of that or is this guy a real defender? 

Well if hes good both ways we might as well bring him into a January camp. He'll have to improve his club situation and gain some experience before being called up to the real deal games but if he does sign with Orlando City that would be great. We need more outside backs who are real defenders, and we need some of our prospects to finally take the next step.

4 hours ago, BradMack said:

Seems to be a trend with our outside backs that they are talented going forward but lack on the defensive side of the game, often better utilized as wingers. Is this another case of that or is this guy a real defender? 

Yeah, if you have a team that never goes forward, that's a problem. It's not as much of one for teams that play modern soccer. 

3 hours ago, One American said:

Yeah, if you have a team that never goes forward, that's a problem. It's not as much of one for teams that play modern soccer. 

What? I don't mean to come off as a dick, but I don't think that has anything to do with what I said... It seems like having offensively talented outside backs would be a positive for an offensively challenged team.

15 hours ago, BradMack said:

What? I don't mean to come off as a dick, but I don't think that has anything to do with what I said... It seems like having offensively talented outside backs would be a positive for an offensively challenged team.

I think his point was in today's game, you can see teams that play an attacking style get away with having fullbacks that attack better than they defend (Dani Alves, Marcelo). The Roberto Carlos effect, so to speak.

On 10/19/2016 at 0:08 PM, kohanz said:

I think his point was in today's game, you can see teams that play an attacking style get away with having fullbacks that attack better than they defend (Dani Alves, Marcelo). The Roberto Carlos effect, so to speak.

ah, so it does make sense, sorry One American. But I do kind of disagree, I think it works for those teams because the rest of the team is so good that opposing teams don't get a chance to exploit their defensive weaknesses. How often does Barca actually need to defend one on one?

• 1 month later...

Zach Ellis-Hayden's option was picked up by OCB. One of only 5 players retained by the USL side (Michael Cox already under contract for 2017). Also worth noting that Orlando City didn't pick up the options on right backs Kevin Alston and Tyler Turner. Rafael Ramos is the only natural right back remaining on the first team roster. 

"Ellis-Hayden, 24, registered an outstanding season with OCB. After starting the first three games of the season, Ellis-Hayden worked his way back into the lineup in June and started all but two of the Lions’ final 18 games, including their USL Cup first-round playoff match. The right back contributed to four of OCB’s five clean sheets and earned two assists."

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/11/02/orlando-city-b-announces-roster-moves-following-inaugural-usl-season

10 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

A player who should get a look at Camp Poutine.

Not to say he doesn't deserve a call to Camp Poutine, but we have a very large group of players that could be called to Camp Poutine. We have a lot of player at this lower level that have potential. I feel this is definitely progress though. 

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Not to say he doesn't deserve a call to Camp Poutine, but we have a very large group of players that could be called to Camp Poutine. We have a lot of player at this lower level that have potential. I feel this is definitely progress though. 

But it's the age old problem. How many natural right-backs do we have in the player pool?

• 10 months later...
9 hours ago, Dub Narcotic said:

Rumour is Orlando City B is done.

That would make sense. Still strange for professional organizations to make such decisions. I mean, you know it's going to cost money and results are a longshot, but you've made the choice to participate. Then after two years they're folding? I don't understand that (same for Montreal and 'Caps). 

3 hours ago, shamrock said:

I mean, you know it's going to cost money and results are a longshot, but you've made the choice to participate.

I guess some MLS teams did the cost/benefit analysis and it is far cheaper to have a few prospects developed at an independent USL club rather than run their own 'B' team.  The only downside could be that they don't control the number of minutes their players get.

But yeah, our hopes that 3 MLS reserve squads would make a difference to the development to CMNT prospects doesn't seem to have panned out.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...