Canada vs. Mauritania - Oct. 6, 3PM EST - In Game Thread

hamiltonfan

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BuzzAndSting said:

The bench seems to be giving him a lot of instruction, maybe Findley sees this as more of learning experience.

I recall alot of Impact supporters saying that Tissot is skilled going forward, but a liability defensively. Seems to be why he's a wide mid for the Fury as well....

9 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I recall alot of Impact supporters saying that Tissot is skilled going forward, but a liability defensively. Seems to be why he's a wide mid for the Fury as well....

I found that Tissot was much better with the Impact as a winger than a LB. With the Fury he's exclusively played on the wing.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

I thought it was Dixon that gave up the penalty, not Henry. I could be wrong though, I guess I didn't watch the replay too closely.

It was #6 who gave up the PK. I assumed Dixon was the #12 playing out at RB.

edit: and just confirmed that when they went for water just now. 

My 1st half assessment.

We look bad, lost & confused out there at times. A few new faces so expected vs African powerhouse? Mauritania. Sadly kind of felt and looked like 2013 out there. My assessment of 1st half will be as positive as possible.

Player wise;

1) Solid PK save.

2) Is our best CB a midfielder (James?). Henry's tackle in box was bad, 15 mins later that could have been red for Victoria.

2) Dixion looked capable at RB, glad he got a run out.

3) Tissot still has some work to do but great effort and work rate. Dejong by far our best LB.

4) Why where people demanding Osorio? He's been an absolute ghost on the pitch, in one of most important positions.  Different positions but makes you realize how valuable and amazing Hutch is and how he could read the game and control possession. Hopefully Osorio can become the player we all hope he can be for the CMNT one day, still supporting him.

5) Arfield is class, so glad we have him.

Here is hoping for a much much better 2nd half.

6 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

My 1st half assessment.

We look bad, lost & confused out there at times. A few new faces so expected vs African powerhouse? Mauritania. Sadly kind of felt and looked like 2013 out there. My assessment of 1st half will be as positive as possible.

Player wise;

1) Solid PK save.

2) Is our best CB a midfielder (James?). Henry's tackle in box was bad, 15 mins later that could have been red for Victoria.

2) Dixion looked capable at RB, glad he got a run out.

3) Tissot still has some work to do but great effort and work rate. Dejon by far our best LB.

4) Why where people demanding Osorio? He's been an absolute ghost on the pitch, in one of most important positions.  Different positions but makes you realize how valuable and amazing Hutch is and how he could read the game and control possession. Hopefully Osorio can become the player we all hope he can be for the CMNT one day, still supporting him.

5) Arfield is class, so glad we have him.

Here is to hoping for a much much better 2nd half.

I think you got your own answer in there - Arfield is bossing Oso out of possession. They still have to work it out. I think Oso is too used to second fiddle starting all the way back to Bradley's first match (with Toronto). I like Arfield but that foul could've been a card.

2 minutes ago, Fort York Redcoat1555362293 said:

I think you got your own answer in there - Arfield is bossing Oso out of possession. They still have to work it out. I think Oso is too used to second fiddle starting all the way back to Bradley's first match. I like Arfield but that foul could've been a card.

Very good point, thx. I don't watch many TFC games, only read the criticism for him being left off.  This is why we have friendlies. :) Time to learn and grow together.

Archived