Interim coach Michael Findlay wants less friendlies in neutral venues.

shermanator

It is important we play alot in south/central America as that is our Achilles heel. It's also huge to have games on our home soil and arguably travelling in Canada to build the recognition of the game. The odd game in Europe is fine but we need to get out own house in order.

Edit: should also add as an aside.  Findlay already making a play for the job full time? In his position why wouldn't he. I will hold judgment but I'm hoping for a far more experienced manager.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You surely could not be suggesting we get eliminated first round GC every time it comes around, and even then, in the same group as the US?

I say, Gold Cup years, a minimum 6 games in the US, with only the last vs. the host team.

I like where your head is at, but it would be even better if the US wasn't the eternal host. I'd love for Canada to win another Gold Cup, but it would be even sweeter if it was won in Canada or Central America.

Article about a possible friendly that never took place in 2015.

http://diariometro.com.ni/deportes/49314-partidazos-mira-a-las-selecciones-que-podria-enfrentar-nicaragua-en-diciembre/

El Secretario General de FENIFUT, Licenciado Ildefonso Agurcia..."...Con el tema los pasajes es que son muy costosos, pero la mayor dificultad es la Visa”.

How do we deal with those two problems better so we can get home friendlies?

Archived