South Korea vs Canada - Friday November 11th (in Cheonan 천안시, Korea)

Massive EDIT:

Republic of Korea (South Korea) vs Canada
Friday November 11th - 8pm local
6am Eastern/ 3am Pacific
Cheonan Baekseok Stadium (
천안종합운동장), Cheonan (천안시), South Korea

CSA confirmed: http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-mnt-confirms-match-in-korea-republic-p159973-preview-1
KSA confirmed: http://kfa.or.kr/news/news_view.asp?BoardNo=13523

South Korea play the Uzbeks on November 15th so would likely want to play us on November 10th or 11th. The K-League season finishes November 6th I believe.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Findlay says in this article that they are close to having a friendly in a non-neutral location in November:

http://the11.ca/expect-to-see-fewer-canadian-national-team-games-on-neutral-soil-election-forces-date-change-for-mauritania-game/

That makes the case even stronger for a friendly in Korea. We will play them on their turf.

5 minutes ago, Blue and White Army said:

It will actually be 6am ET / 3am PT. Daylight savings ends here in Canada in early November, whereas Korea doesn't use it.

I think you are correct. I was just copy-pasting the CSA's info. Right now Korea is +13hrs from EST. After we "fall back" it will be +14hrs, so 6am ET. I will edit the first post.

I would imagine Larin will be back for the Nov game with Orlando not in the playoffs. And I'd rather see Zanatta than Babouli.   Maybe Tiebert, Petrasso, Adekugbe will be healthy enough to answer the call this go round.  And why not give ALeman another shot?  Gasparatto? He cant play much worse..might as well give him a run out.      

I would like to see Gasparotto at CB given the struggles of seemingly every other CB we have. He seems to be the only one outside of Edgar who has consistently played the last few years, and he may impress given the chance. 

If we are going to call up some U-20's, I'd like to see Shamit Shome get a run out. He's the U-20 player who is playing at the highest level of club football right now. Would be a new face in the midfield in the #10 slot to try out.

I feel like I would be rather unhappy if Babouli got a senior team call up.

I'd take Babouli over Shome right now. With Osorio back and Bustos having a good camp, I wanna see both build on that, although Shome is one to watch for the future for sure.

I like Babouli's desire and ability to take players on. I'd rather give him a cap than Shome. If Osorio or Bustos slip up, Id bring in then.

Babouli...He's kinda like Nakajima in a sense. After Hoilett and Petrasso, who else in the pool can create something off the dribble? We are sorely lacking creativity

I don't get why Babouli would be so terrible? Personally i'd rather see Petrasso called up for the right wing job competing with Ricketts, but if Babouli did get called up at least he would actually try and make something happen unlike 3/4's of our team who like to pass the ball back for someone else to take responsibility.

43 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I don't get why Babouli would be so terrible? Personally i'd rather see Petrasso called up for the right wing job competing with Ricketts, but if Babouli did get called up at least he would actually try and make something happen unlike 3/4's of our team who like to pass the ball back for someone else to take responsibility.

You raise a good point. Personally I don't think Babouli is good enough to play for a serious national team but we regular start Haber, Piette, James, Straith etc...so it's not a stretch by any means

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

You raise a good point. Personally I don't think Babouli is good enough to play for a serious national team but we regular start Haber, Piette, James, Straith etc...so it's not a stretch by any means

Agreed. If we are going to play fringe MLS/low level European-based players, at least bring in the more offensive minded ones. We are way to heavy on defensive-minded players. Talk about an imbalance.

Personally, I don't think Babouli brings anything to the table in an offensive manner, unless you want to watch flashy moves followed by him giving the ball away and low percentage shots taken poorly. Fisk, Petrasso or arguably Zanatta would be much better options on the wing IMO. From an AM position, Shome and Chapman would be better options.

14 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Personally, I don't think Babouli brings anything to the table in an offensive manner, unless you want to watch flashy moves followed by him giving the ball away and low percentage shots taken poorly. Fisk, Petrasso or arguably Zanatta would be much better options on the wing IMO. From an AM position, Shome and Chapman would be better options.

I would never dream of playing Babouli centrally, so I agree that Shome and Chapman are better options there. On the wing, I'd take Petrasso over him as well. Fisk? The way he's been playing, I could be tempted to put him ahead of Babouli for the time being. Not quite sure about Zanatta at this point though. I haven't seen enough of him, which would be fine if he was getting minutes at Hearts, who are near the top of the table. 

I know for sure though I'd take any of those players in attacking positions over Piette. Babouli included. 

Archived