Samuel Piette

TVA has an interview with Piette here. My French is rusty, but I'm pretty sure he's saying "I fuck with my cock" somewhere in there. B) http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/06/12/impact--samuel-piette-ne-ferme-pas-la-porte

Based on this Tweet, he bought 391 tickets to the game tomorrow? He said it is his first time playing in front of family and friends.

And another tweet indicating the door is not closed on the Impact? There seems to be a lot of inquiring by the media of a Piette / Impact match, but I would be surprised to see that.

To be honest, I found it odd that he and Larin seemed to be the two that were predominantly featured in the ads building up to tonight's game.  May be reading too much into it, but it did seem like there must have been some reason behind it since he isn't the highest profile CMNT player on the roster.  He isn't even the highest profile Quebecker - which would clearly be Bernier.   And yet... 

MNTvCUW_caroussel_960x500.jpg

3 minutes ago, shamrock said:

He's transfree, quebecois and the "natural heir of Bernier" sorta. Sure looks like it. Honestly I was hoping to see Shome getting some PT for the Impact, but Piette at Montreal, why not?

Wouldn't Jackson-Hamel be more of the heir since he is playing on the Impact and may be known by Impact fans. Or maybe even Tabla... 

5 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Wouldn't Jackson-Hamel be more of the heir since he is playing on the Impact and may be known by Impact fans. Or maybe even Tabla... 

i think he mean't heir as in they play a similar position

• 2 weeks later...

Interview with Samuel Piette from last week. Of note, he has one year left on his contract at Izarra and is looking to play at a higher level. He hasn't talked to anyone at the Impact recently, mentioned there is nothing going on there. Nothing really earth shattering.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/piette-haven-t-spoken-to-biello-1.782181

28 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Interview with Samuel Piette from last week. Of note, he has one year left on his contract at Izarra and is looking to play at a higher level. He hasn't talked to anyone at the Impact recently, mentioned there is nothing going on there. Nothing really earth shattering.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/piette-haven-t-spoken-to-biello-1.782181

I have been sitting here waiting until June 30 for him to announce a new club, I was pretty sure he'd make a move. As I thought he had finished the contract and only had an option.

Frankly, Izarra was fine, but I think he should make a move if he can. I was hoping his coach from this year, Borja, who has said he is moving to a better project, would take him with him. I would not be surprised to see a move still, in the next two weeks.

3 hours ago, C2SKI said:

Important tournament for Sam, as he's looking to move up. A positive showing could only help his club situation

Everyone of our guys will benefit from a positive showing here.  The only guy whose stock ma have been hurt by a underwhelming showing is Larin, since he has bigger pond aspirations.

4 hours ago, C2SKI said:

Important tournament for Sam, as he's looking to move up. A positive showing could only help his club situation

Its an important tournament for everyone.  We have done nothing on the international stage for years.  Now is as good a time as any to begin putting Canada back on the map, even a small degree and this will be our only opportunity short of beating a world mid level power in a friendly or crushing some heads at the Concacaf nations league.  Happy Canada Day all!

I want him to sign to see once and for all what this guy is really all about, because he has not empresssed me yet in all the times I've seen him with the various Canadian national teams. I have only seen him play with the different national teams, never seen this guy play club ball, let's see if he has the goods to play at the MLS level.

Piette plays the destroyer role fairly well in the games I have seen him play for Canada.  He is still relatively young and has some room to grow.  I wouldn't want him anywhere except DM but he is certainly in our top 3 in that role and I fear that #1 has played his last official game for Canada.

Is he overrated? I don't know! I mean he did debut back in 2012 (100 year Canada Soccer Anniversary) at the age of 17! While still being part of France's FC Metz academy. Let's remember he has 31 caps to his name, and at the age of 22 that's remarkable! Although his time in Germany; Fortuna Düsseldorf II (Div 4) & Spain; Deportivo La Coruña Reserves (Div 3) kinda makes a lot of us question whether his club career is stuck and needs a boost. 

If if were Biello I would have already offered him a contract already aha 

Edited by Thomas

5 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Is he overrated? I don't know! I mean he did debut back in 2012 (100 year Canada Soccer Anniversary) at the age of 17! While still being part of France's FC Metz academy. Let's remember he has 33 caps to his name, and at the age of 22 that's remarkable! Although his time in Germany; Fortuna Düsseldorf II (Div 4) & Spain; CD Izarra (Div 3) kinda makes a lot of us question whether his club career is stuck and needs a boost. 

If if were Biello I would have already offered him a contract already aha 

Remarkable for a Canadian :P