Samuel Piette (we haven't seen the best of him yet!)

22 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Piette may be a more versatile player as a result of getting shifted all over the pitch but in my opinion his national team contributions, which were already going to be limited with the midfield we now have, will be further reduced.  Don’t get me wrong I think he will be in the squad but his playing time will be significantly cut and the days of him being automatically pencilled in as the DM are over.  And he is not of the same skill set or ability as Oso, Kaye, Arfield,... so we may have seen the best of Sam.😜

I think he will be part of many starting lineups for CMNT going forward. Even without COVID and this crazy tournament schedule coming up we will rarely have our best starting 11 after injuries and club commitments. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somebody change the title of this thread.  We just saw the best of him. What a game.

...and just like Liam Millar he's now a dad! Congrats to Samuel and Chloé on the birth of their child!

Posted Images

Very impressed with the improvement in his attacking game and as always, his overall effort.  It must be so tough being a “regular” MLS player who gives it their all, and have to deal with spoiled DP twats like Wanyama who make 25 times your salary, jog around the pitch like a Sunday beer-league match, contributing nothing but bad passes.

12 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Very impressed with the improvement in his attacking game and as always, his overall effort.  It must be so tough being a “regular” MLS player who gives it their all, and have to deal with spoiled DP twats like Wanyama who make 25 times your salary, jog around the pitch like a Sunday beer-league match, contributing nothing but bad passes.

I have to admit - I was initially thinking how out to place Piette looked in a predominantly offensive role but he definitely seems to be figuring things out.