Sign in to follow this  
Olympique_de_Marseille

Samuel Piette (we haven't seen the best of him yet!)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's been reported, we heard, and so on.

If there is interest it will appear in the press for sure, anywhere out of North America.  I am bothered by these players settting their agents loose on public opinion, when in fact, if interest were real, teams would be coming to talk. 

im trying to process your train of thought. 

"it's been reported, we heard, and so on" is what would come from the press. 

You're saying there is no real interest in Cav or David because there is no press outside of N.A? I've read articles on interest in David from European outlets, Cavallini's was Mexican outlets naturally because the rumored transfer was to Mexico. 

I'm just confused at what your point is. You won't believe it until it comes from the press outside of N.A but at the same time it appears you sarcastically say "its been reported, we heard". Which is it? if the European press "reports" on it where do you stand? The only way we would know of interest from clubs in these players is from "reports" from news outlets. 

Edited by king1010

Posted (edited)

Piette reminds me a lot of Cole Skuse, on Ipswich Town. Skuse is perhaps a little more talented and not as slow, but Piette maybe more effective as a destroyer. Looks to play sideways or backwards. Bounces between Championship and League 1 - would have 50 caps if he was Canadian. Good pro, reliable but definitely not a top league player.

Piette is far from the finished product and needs to keep working, and appreciate who gave him his first big payday and chance to play. If someone comes in for him, that's proof he deserves to play at a higher level where money is better.

Edited by BCM

I mention Piette's agent, but it wasn't his actual agent who set up the sofoot bit, it was just another agent who happens to know Piette who did that.

5 hours ago, Aird25 said:

What makes you think that is happening with Hutch, Cav and David?

I'm just bothered by the cases where there really is nothing, zilch, and then an internal rumour mill starts with zero corroboration. Cav, David, different story, you are right. Piette, Osorio, there was nothing there. 

MLS is one of the most amateur leagues when it comes to creating stories out of nothing, since they live in a bubble, they think that you can make up BS, or maybe player agents do. 

5 hours ago, king1010 said:

im trying to process your train of thought. 

"it's been reported, we heard, and so on" is what would come from the press. 

You're saying there is no real interest in Cav or David because there is no press outside of N.A? I've read articles on interest in David from European outlets, Cavallini's was Mexican outlets naturally because the rumored transfer was to Mexico. 

I'm just confused at what your point is. You won't believe it until it comes from the press outside of N.A but at the same time it appears you sarcastically say "its been reported, we heard". Which is it? if the European press "reports" on it where do you stand? The only way we would know of interest from clubs in these players is from "reports" from news outlets. 

If there is real interest, there will be real reports. That is how it works. With Cav, real. With David too. I am not even saying European only. 

In MLS they just make stuff up, about others, when in world football it does not work that way: the press following Dortmund or Lechia or Olympiakos or Independiente de Medellín is right on top of all rumours, and if they report, there is usually something there. Because fans are desperate for news, and the press feeds this. I am not saying there is not falsehood, of course there is. But falsehood from a press source in Athens or Medellin is more reliable than these MLS agents coming out saying we have offers--when there is absolutely zero indication of any such thing, anywhere. 

Mind you, I think some MLS teams are total dupes, they can be incredibly ignorant and at times can pay way over market value based on pure wispy smoke.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BCM said:

Piette reminds me a lot of Cole Skuse, on Ipswich Town. Skuse is perhaps a little more talented and not as slow, but Piette maybe more effective as a destroyer. Looks to play sideways or backwards. Bounces between Championship and League 1 - would have 50 caps if he was Canadian. Good pro, reliable but definitely not a top league player.

Piette is far from the finished product and needs to keep working, and appreciate who gave him his first big payday and chance to play. If someone comes in for him, that's proof he deserves to play at a higher level where money is better.

Got a fantastic surname

Edited by SkuseisLoose

14 hours ago, BCM said:

The role of a holding mid who can play out but sits tight is important, but not a high value is placed on that position, let's admit it. 

If Montreal has a 2nd half of the season like the first, and goes deep in the playoffs, he'll get offers, because it is pretty clear he is an important piece of the success. However modest an offer that may warrant.

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The role of a holding mid who can play out but sits tight is important, but not a high value is placed on that position, let's admit it. 

If Montreal has a 2nd half of the season like the first, and goes deep in the playoffs, he'll get offers, because it is pretty clear he is an important piece of the success. However modest an offer that may warrant.

Agree.

I'd be stunned if it's Ligue 1 or any other "top" Euro league... Second tier league (Swiss, Belgian, Norwegian, etc), perhaps to gain more exposure, but I wonder how much more that will be than an MLS pay packet. Hope he has a good agent who can offer sound advice.

31 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Hard to believe he is still just 24. 

Yeah, he has been around for so long that you can easily forget that he is part of our young core.  Plus he plays in a role where reading the game and guile can keep you going for a while.