Samuel Piette

He played 3 games in Ivory Coast so I guess he's fit. 

45 minutes ago, Big_M said:

And they just brought McKendry for that quality. And at am they have Fisk, Fordyce, Nyassi, Keegan and Corea

All of those were there last season except for McKendry and he still played a lot. 

3 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Oh I agree with you Shermanator. It is a shame that Shome may not get much of a chance at this moment, because he is a young player needing game time to develop honestly. What is worst is Montreal getting rid of their USL team which made no freaking sense overall. Shome could of been playing games in the USL right now and I'm not sure if he's with Ottawa Fury, but don't think he is. Anyways I do think with Piette in the team will affect Shome that much more and will push him back further or out of Montreal all together. Could be a loan or just dropped from team. However could be possible next season Shome gets more opportunity with Montreal. In the end good for Piette and hopefully he gets plenty of pt with Montreal from now till season end. 

No, Shome is not with Ottawa, still here in Mtl training with IMFC. I also agree, he should get a loan back to Edmonton. The only minutes he's gotten so far, are some minutes in that friendly IMFC played againt Ottawa a couple of weeks ago.

But with how things are going with the Impact right now, all these young guys might get a shot at some playing time. After last saturday against RBNY, and the team fielding many young players for that game, no one here seems to be criticizing the decision to play those players, and are more concerned with the team not being prepared, not showing up...

About Piette, I'm one of those who strongly beleives that coming to IMFC, in MLS, is good for both his career at club level and for his development for the NT.

After playing many years in 3rd divisions in Europe he's at a point where he needs to play at a higher, more professional level. As a DM it will be good for him to be confronted to a more physical and intense level of play, with stronger players. And as for getting minutes, IMFC's midfield is old and slow, Donadel misses games regularly, and from watching Piette evolve these last few years, i'm convinced he has the profile and the skillset to impose himself in the team hierarchy and in *clears throat* its system. Logically this should be the end for Bernardello (even though Mallace should have already taken that spot, but that's another thread).

Edited by Shakmur

8 hours ago, Shakmur said:

But with how things are going with the Impact right now, all these young guys might get a shot at some playing time. After last saturday against RBNY, and the team fielding many young players for that game, no one here seems to be criticizing the decision to play those players, and are more concerned with the team not being prepared, not showing up...

Ideally you fase-in younger guys. IM had played a very old line-up during the season and then switched it all up last game. Why not give guys like B-G, Choiniere and Shome a couple of minutes here and there to get used to the level? They rarely make sub-appearances. How can you expect them to be ready?

On 2017-08-03 at 3:29 PM, Ansem said:

If it ends up not working with Montreal, we know there's CPL teams that will pay him to join in 2 and a half year...

3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 do I hear 6? Does anyone give me 6? Six Six Six  :)

He's more than good enough to have a long MLS career IMHO.

Edited by TRM

17 hours ago, shermanator said:

Video by the Impact on Piette's first day:

MLS will be a big test for Piette. This will be the highest, most professional setting he's played in, day-in and day-out. I'm very excited for him, as it is a great chance for him to accelerate his development as a player. What gets me most excited is that based on what he has shown for the national team, I honestly think he has what it takes to achieve significant growth in Montreal.

Perhaps I would be saying the same things had he joined a team in Belgium or the Spanish Segunda, as had been rumoured, but after watching that video, I can't help but think, or rather hope, that playing at home (alongside national teammates and friends, will bring the best out of him. 

Pumped!

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Calum Mallace has been traded to Seattle, which seems like a logical result of the Piette signing.

Damn there goes the dream of cap tying Mallace to Canada! :D

Seriously though he was a bit of a whipping boy for Montreal fans because of his technical flaws but he was effective if he was brought on late in games when we had the lead as a destroyer. He was not so good in any other role though particularly when he started although he had his occasional moments when he would surprise you (the great pass that led to the winning goal against Pachuca, the Drogba style free kick in the friendly against Ottawa). Piette though should be an upgrade in the destroyer function with a lot more to contribute to other aspects of the game especially better in possession and moving the ball. I met Mallace once in Montreal unrelated to football and he was a very nice guy and very aware of the criticism he received from fans.

Edited by Grizzly

20 hours ago, Grandbloke said:

That's good news! He probably won't start this Saturday, but there's a good chance they'll use him as a sub, perhaps for Donadel.

I think he`ll start. Donadel didn`t train today because of his knee, and with Mallace gone and Bernardello training on the side today. I wouldn't be surprised if Shome makes the bench on Saturday.

Edited by Blackdude

Yup, Donadel and Bernardello are definitely out for tonight.

It seems we'll most likely see Piette starting alongside Bernier and Dzemaili in midfield.

And yeah, logically it looks like Shome and Louis Beland Goyette will be midfield sub options.

Also, apparently Piette is getting along great with his new teammates and impressing in training.

Edited by Shakmur

6 hours ago, Shakmur said:

Yup, Donadel and Bernardello are definitely out for tonight.

It seems we'll most likely see Piette starting alongside Bernier and Dzemaili in midfield.

And yeah, logically it looks like Shome and Louis Beland Goyette will be midfield sub options.

Also, apparently Piette is getting along great with his new teammates and impressing in training.

Tonight the Impact could start 5 Canadians: Jackson-Hamel, Tabla, Bernier, Piette and Crépeau. But it probably won't happen.