Samuel Piette

15 minutes ago, Shakmur said:

When asked about Piette today, IMFC assistant coach, Di Tullio, said to the press that as far as he knew, it should be done soon (his signing with IMFC).

First confirmation we have from IMFC that they're working on it.

The twwet that everyone's referring to says that that deal is done so i'm not sure how to react to this

This will be an interesting move for Piette, because he will have a bit more of spotlight on him now. With him going to MLS and it will be an interesting situation because will he become a starter for IM/MI this season and what happens when he gets to the next season. How does he affect Shome at Montreal and also Bernier honestly. MLS has improved and I hope to see Pietter improve in the league as well. This is a move that can show us if Pietter is worth it as a player for the future club and country...

9 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

This will be an interesting move for Piette, because he will have a bit more of spotlight on him now. With him going to MLS and it will be an interesting situation because will he become a starter for IM/MI this season and what happens when he gets to the next season. How does he affect Shome at Montreal and also Bernier honestly. MLS has improved and I hope to see Pietter improve in the league as well. This is a move that can show us if Pietter is worth it as a player for the future club and country...

Let's be honest here, I don't think Shome is going to suit up in Montreal any time soon. Which is very disappointing given he had a starting role in Edmonton.

Congrats Piette. I like when Canadians play on our MLS teams, and I like being able to watch CMNT players play, rather than just hearing someone say how many starts they are getting in a league that quite honestly I'll never make the time and effort to watch. So for those reasons I like this move. I hope he gets plenty of playing time so I don't regret saying I'm happy about the move.

6 minutes ago, Kent said:

So for those reasons I like this move. I hope he gets plenty of playing time so I don't regret saying I'm happy about the move.

The Canadian MLS teams don't have a great record of giving their homegrown Canadians playing opportunities, and to be fair many of the players haven't really taken their chances when they got them, but when they have brought players back from Europe they've gotten a fair shake. I'm thinking of Fraser Aird, Edgar (derailed by injuries) and De Jong (arguably gets more opportunities than he deserves) with Vancouver; Bernier with Montreal; Ricketts with Toronto. Having had to pay a higher salary and/or transfer fee probably makes the teams feel they need to see a return on their investment.

As a TFC supporter, as much as I want IMFC to suck like hell, I think this is a good signing for IMFC. They desperately need to get younger. Piette is going to learn from Donadel and Bernadello, esp increasing his passing skills which I think is an area Piette needs to improve to get to next level.

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

Let's be honest here, I don't think Shome is going to suit up in Montreal any time soon. Which is very disappointing given he had a starting role in Edmonton.

Oh I agree with you Shermanator. It is a shame that Shome may not get much of a chance at this moment, because he is a young player needing game time to develop honestly. What is worst is Montreal getting rid of their USL team which made no freaking sense overall. Shome could of been playing games in the USL right now and I'm not sure if he's with Ottawa Fury, but don't think he is. Anyways I do think with Piette in the team will affect Shome that much more and will push him back further or out of Montreal all together. Could be a loan or just dropped from team. However could be possible next season Shome gets more opportunity with Montreal. In the end good for Piette and hopefully he gets plenty of pt with Montreal from now till season end. 

1 hour ago, Scorpion26 said:

Oh I agree with you Shermanator. It is a shame that Shome may not get much of a chance at this moment, because he is a young player needing game time to develop honestly.

Get a loan-deal back to Edmonton already! He's got that nice Canadian GA-salary and Miller will play him obviously so why is this taking so long?

Edited by shamrock

6 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Get a loan-deal back to Edmonton already! He's got that nice Canadian GA-salary and Miller will play him obviously so why is this taking so long?

This just makes too much sense. Shome was playing primarily as an AM / winger last year too, and I would argue he's an upgrade on Nyassi in all aspects with the exception of speed.

To take a highly rated midfielder, not play him, and not loan him anywhere that he can get minutes in a professional environment just does not make sense.

Edited by shermanator

2 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Shome could of been playing games in the USL

Apologies for being a grammar jerk, but I've seen this phrasing sooo many times recently. I don't think just from Scorpion26.

"could of" is not what people are saying. It's "could've" which is short for "could have".

I just had to get that off my chest. No doubt my posts will be picked apart now, because I know my grammar is far from perfect.

31 minutes ago, shermanator said:

This just makes too much sense. Shome was playing primarily as an AM / winger last year too, and I would argue he's an upgrade on Nyassi in all aspects with the exception of speed.

To take a highly rated midfielder, not play him, and not loan him anywhere that he can get minutes in a professional environment just does not make sense.

Didn't he just get back to fitness a couple weeks ago?  

16 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Didn't he just get back to fitness a couple weeks ago?  

Unless there was another injury, or a setback in his recovery that was not reported, he's been fit for a few months now. Was back in training in early May and was on the bench in the Voyageurs Cup in late May.

https://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2017/05/02/shome-thrilled-return-training