Zachary Brault-Guillard

PhillyCanuck

6 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

Do the impact have any other options at RB at the moment? I understand Henry is trying to convert Bayiha to a RB but he is clearly behind ZBG at this time.

Right now, I'd say probably no. Bayiha is injured right now and the other option would be Raitala who was injured yesterday.  (I honestly don't know who else could play RB for the Impact)

27 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Hope the injury isnt too serious. Would be surprised if Impact dont push to keep him for their game during olympic qualifiers. Hope not he is definitely number 1 starting RB if he goes and could be a key part of any potential success.

He stayed on the bench after it, might of been more of a precaution. 

He was amazing today. 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Early days for sure, but so far this game and in the games vs Saprissa, he has been a key figure in attack.  If this is a preview for his role with the Impact this season, Brault-Guillard will have a big year ahead of him.  That kind of pivotal role could be huge for his continued development. 

Serious question: now that he seems to be on a roll for the Impact is it better for his development to go to Olympic qualifiers or stay with Thierry?

7 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

If he’s starting every week then the Impact probably won’t release him so it won’t matter.  

Who is his backup at Impact? Ideally he comes as he clearly has the spot nailed down I dont think it will harm his impact career. Think it's more likely impact wont want to lose him. It is one game he will miss isnt it? 

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Who is his backup at Impact? Ideally he comes as he clearly has the spot nailed down I dont think it will harm his impact career. Think it's more likely impact wont want to lose him. It is one game he will miss isnt it? 

IMFC already have two starting d-men out injured, Bayiha (his replacement) is healthy, however i doubt they'd be competitive fielding that many #2s.  I don't think they can afford to let him go, not sure Henry can be that generous.

46 minutes ago, costarg said:

IMFC already have two starting d-men out injured, Bayiha (his replacement) is healthy, however i doubt they'd be competitive fielding that many #2s.  I don't think they can afford to let him go, not sure Henry can be that generous.

The upside is Abzi will likely gain. We still have Godinho, Bassong who looked fine on the Right as well as left too. Even then thats presuming Kinumbe won't get picked. 

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

The upside is Abzi will likely gain. We still have Godinho, Bassong who looked fine on the Right as well as left too. Even then thats presuming Kinumbe won't get picked. 

Disagree. He was cutting in wayyy too much. It's fine when you're a winger, but wingbacks have to be able to get up on the outside. Reason why Laryea does well. 

I know you weren't alone in saying that so I'm likely out to lunch! I didnt feel that at the time. I thought he overlapped as much as he cut in and mixed it up, I don't mind that on occasion, I guess it depends on the partnership with the winger. 

I'm not advocating for him to start at RB by any means but in a tight roster if ZBG cant come I am ok with him being back up RB to Godinho. Its Bayiha or Chung otherwise. I guess I'm just biased and want to work abzi into the squad lol. If we are sacrificing any position its LB as Cornelius and miller could cover there. 

Anyways back to ZBG. Think he has a good shot at making MNT RB slot his own. Laryea seems stuck back behind Auro and Cordova seems out of favour. 

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I know you weren't alone in saying that so I'm likely out to lunch! I didnt feel that at the time. I thought he overlapped as much as he cut in and mixed it up, I don't mind that on occasion, I guess it depends on the partnership with the winger. 

I'm not advocating for him to start at RB by any means but in a tight roster if ZBG cant come I am ok with him being back up RB to Godinho. Its Bayiha or Chung otherwise. I guess I'm just biased and want to work abzi into the squad lol. If we are sacrificing any position its LB as Cornelius and miller could cover there. 

Anyways back to ZBG. Think he has a good shot at making MNT RB slot his own. Laryea seems stuck back behind Auro and Cordova seems out of favour. 

Based on what he has shown in the first 3 games this year, I am inclined to agree - though Laryea def has a solid claim for the position as well.  It is a nice problem for Herdman to have. 

Edited by dyslexic nam

• 4 months later...
48 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Bizarrely it is Piette playing in his spot at right back

It's a wingback position. I'm assuming they like him but want Taider or Wanyama to run the midfield ahead of him. He wasn't terrible in the first half. Basically playing his game but out wide while making some decent runs forward. His speed and passing abilty might really hinder him in this position long term I would think. 

The impact desperately need creative players in the second half though.

Edited by JuicyHam

Yeah, it is mos def bizarre!

Hopefully there's a reason behind it, whether it's ZBG not being fully fit for some reason, or maybe even for tactical purposes.  Perhaps something Henry wants to deploy specifically against the Revs.   ???