Zachary Brault-Guillard

PhillyCanuck

17 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

ZBG plays like a 10 yr MLS vet not a rookie. He is very  very composed. Really looking forward to see how he performs in the Gold Cup. 

Couldn't agree more. 

The way he can get up and down, and is willing to take shots. Ive been impressed with how he's played — when he's gotten the opportunity. 

He's looking like the starting RB right now for Canada. 

16 minutes ago, Shway said:

He's looking like the starting RB right now for Canada. 

As of today, if healthy, he is the #1 (things can change though).

With 3 games over 8 days + travel during the Gold Cup, having 2 inform RBs would be ideal. 

Here is hoping Godinho finds his way back into the 18 w hearts before season's end.  

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Gave up 4 goals in a loss. Maybe opens the the door for ZBG even more. 

Yeah, I only watched the first half before turning in, but it was 3-0 for LAFC so it isn't like the defence covered themselves in glory - though in fairness the first one was all Bush.

Sanga had a few give aways, but nothing fatal. Montreal never played badly, LA were just excellent.

LA are 2017 TFC good and may prove to be even better by seasons end, though that'll be determined ultimately by how many trophies they win.

Anyways, I don't think there's a clear starter at RB for Montreal. Both players are doing well and pushing each other. It's a great situation for them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to see him get some Minutes with Sagna serving his red card suspension.

I just watched the highlights, impressive run and nice pass going forward on that first goal by ZBG.  A clean sheet vs the 1st place team is solid (few lucky breaks for Montreal to keep it). 

Anyone catch the game? I'm curious how ZBG looked defensively?

2 hours ago, costarg said:

I'll never understand how Godinho was selected to play vs Haiti over ZBG.  How?  I hope ZBG was slightly injured or something, otherwise its just nuts and Herdman's biggest ever mistake.

Ya, for me, Godinho is still the number 1 reason Haiti put three against us, he was involved in all three goals against.

Herdman gunna Herdman... 

4 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

The highlights were impressive for ZBG.

I was also intrigued by who this Lassi Lappalainan guy was and why I had never heard of him before. The guy came on and made an impact like a DP so I assumed he was like some late twenties/early 30s Bundesliga stalwart looking for a pay day but then saw he's 20 years old and under contract at Bologna....and then it made sense, he's a top young prospect in Europe.

Edited by Macksam

7 hours ago, Macksam said:

The highlights were impressive for ZBG.

I was also intrigued by who this Lassi Lappalainan guy was and why I had never heard of him before. The guy came on and made an impact like a DP so I assumed he was like some late twenties/early 30s Bundesliga stalwart looking for a pay day but then saw he's 20 years old and under contract at Bologna....and then it made sense, he's a top young prospect in Europe.

That's a fine piece of scouting if you ask me. Bologna are smart, lucky Montreal. What a way to make a first impression. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For sure, I always thought the team was better with him instead of Sagna (he seems more like an effective CB now). 

A lot of fans are sad to see him leave but if he's going to get a chance at that Lyon first team, it's now. They just hired Rudi Garcia and are currently sitting 17th. Not many better places to develop than Lyon.

Edited by Chad_Impact