Floro Must Go

Joe Keeper

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might have lost this cycle before it began. We weren't good enough - players, manager, player development in Canada. For Floro last sub was fitting - wasn't all bad in his era, a lot of fence sitters committed but at end of the day we didn't make Copa, Olympics, get out of group stage for gold cup, didn't reach hex etc. I still fear we are 8-12 years away from a manager having the players to get to a World Cup but think we've made some solid strides as a country to our long term goal but there are no moral victories. Worst part is after the 8-1 debacle 4 years ago we are asking the same question - who leads us and where do we go from here? 

Needing 2+ goals he takes off the only goal scorers when they are still contributing.  Then replaces another another workhorse showing little sign of decline.......immediately changing the pace and scoreline and not in our favor.  I don't know much at all but when you need goals and have more offensive players on the bench why on earth in a do or die situation would you put a defensive minded player into an offensive role??? Am I missing something?

At least the players showed unbelievable fight and grit tonight.  Usually I am left feeling heartbroken by the apparent lack of effort by some on the team.  Not tonight!  With one exception.........FLORO!!!!

If it means anything at all I am so bloody proud of the guys and how they played tonight.  Just wish this style of play was used prior to this!!

20 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Shouldn't have needed to score 4 goals tonight if we scored 1 in San Salvador.

That was such a key result. I can remember a lot of people being happy with a point away in El Salvador even when half their squad was on strike.

The loss in Honduras hurt because of the lack of effort from the coaching staff in trying to get a draw which is inexcusable but the draw away in El Salvador was the key. That was unnecessary.

Shame that he could not make it happen or even tried to make happen. Well it's another World Cup Quest down the drain but in four Canada will be back and hopefully a stronger team. We all going to have to wait and see what will happen with Floro you never know he might end up staying on but of course it is not something most are going to be please with. I hope he goes and CMNT brings a new mind into the fold. 

3 minutes ago, SCF08 said:

That was such a key result. I can remember a lot of people being happy with a point away in El Salvador even when half their squad was on strike.

The loss in Honduras hurt because of the lack of effort from the coaching staff in trying to get a draw which is inexcusable but the draw away in El Salvador was the key. That was unnecessary.

The worst part was some were praising Canada for getting a result down there and telling people to not expect more from the team.

2 minutes ago, nazzer said:

My stream cut out after the game ended. Has he announced his resignation yet. 

This is Canada

This is soccer

He will not have to answer to anyone, and will likely get praised for a job well done and given a participation ribbon.

5 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

The worst part was some were praising Canada for getting a result down there and telling people to not expect more from the team.

that was when i got worried. when you can't beat a b team you don't deserve a spot in any major competition

Archived