Thanks for the link.  I watched the game last night and was really impressed by the pace of it.  Everyone was playing hard right to the last minute, so the players were exceptionally fit.  UNC reminded me of The Courage, right down to the uniforms.  I wonder if there are significant ties between the two organizations?

I didn't like the referee's interpretation that all you had to do was touch the ball first and anything that happened after was a-ok.  There were a lot of reckless challenges, and I must have seen Fleming do about three or four somersaults after having her legs cut out.

I didn't watch the game, but judging by the highlights, it looks like Gabby Carle played an important role in the FSU win over Stanford in the NCAA semifinal game.  She scored a goal on a great individual effort, cutting in from the sideline to the top middle of the penalty area before unleashing a good shot.  She had to beat quite a few defenders before getting the opening for her shot.  She also appeared to be marking Stanford's Macario, one of the best goal scorers in the NCAA.  Here are the highlights I watched: ncaa site.

So, we'll have one Canadian to root for in the final game.

With iatv no longer supplying feeds, and almost no UCLA women's games showing up on youtube anymore, I didn't watch much of Fleming and Faulknor this season.  The team has made it to the NCAA tournament and won their first game against Lamar (4-1).  According to the box scores, Faulknor hasn't been on the roster since the Oct. 31 game against Oregon.  It would be nice to know why.

I hope the team makes it far into the tournament, but without seeing the games, there isn't much I can comment on.  Too bad Forgedias doesn't post his detailed desciptions here anymore.

Edited by rkomar

Two more wins and UCLA are through to the final eight (along with three other PAC-12 teams).  Still no sign of Kennedy Faulknor in the box scores.

Gabby Carle is also there with FSU (knocking out Evelyn Viens' team today).

UCLA whoops reigning champs FSU 4-0 to advance to the final four.  Gabby Carle got undressed for the second goal, but when you lose 4-0, you don't have to wear the goat horns for a single play.

Three of the four final teams are from the PAC-12 conference.  It looks like the strong inter-conference competition is forging better teams there.  I'm keen to find out how well UCLA does against Stanford in the next game.  If they win, they will likely go up against North Carolina.  Those are two top-notch teams for Fleming to test herself against.

cbcsports has a detailed article on Fleming at UCLA: article.

It mentions that Faulknor was suffering from a hamstring injury, which explains her disappearance in November.  Apparently she is good to go for their next game against Standford.  Hooray!

UCLA were bested by Stanford 4-1 in the tournament semifinals.  Judging by the box score, they were out-shot by a wide margin.  Too bad for Fleming and the Bruins, but no NCAA championship title for her.  It will be interesting to see what comes next for her.  She seems to be excelling academically, and I wonder if her sports career will have to mesh with her engineering career over the next while?

8 hours ago, rkomar said:

UCLA were bested by Stanford 4-1 in the tournament semifinals.  Judging by the box score, they were out-shot by a wide margin.  Too bad for Fleming and the Bruins, but no NCAA championship title for her.  It will be interesting to see what comes next for her.  She seems to be excelling academically, and I wonder if her sports career will have to mesh with her engineering career over the next while?

Could be a female Akindele?