Ledgerwood               Jakovich   Vittoria              DeJong

Hutch

Hoilett                    Arfield            Edgar               Ricketts

Larin

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, aloyol said:

I actually count only Hutchinson and Piette as players who are starting as central mids with their clubs. Am I forgetting someone else?

Arfield doesn't start there but does shift into that position as he did against Liverpool this past weekend.

Sorted by positions:

GK: Borjan, Stama, Crepeau

RB: Ledgerwood, Henry, Ouimette

CB: James, Vitoria, Hainault, Straith, Jakovic

LB: De Jong

DM: Hutchinson, Arfield, Piette, Edgar, Dixon

AM: Hoilett, Ricketts, Akindele, Jackson

ST: Larin, Haber

58 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Haber has been good when called upon for Canada. His hold-up play (which he does better than any other player in our pool) could be valuable should we be trying to run out the clock in either of these matches.

• I agree that he's done alright while called upon but I don't think he's been good enough to justify a callup at a time where he does not have a club and haven't played a game in months. 

3 minutes ago, gator said:

Borjan

Ledgerwood               Jakovich   Vittoria              DeJong

Hutch

Hoilett                    Arfield            Edgar               Ricketts

Larin

I expect it will be close to this although I think Ricketts & Hoilett will be on opposite flanks and you may see James instead of Vitoria. Also possibly switch the roles for Edgar & Hutchinson, and the x factor is how healthy Doneil is.

What I don't get is why can we not have 2 strikers? Ricketts, Jackson, and Akindele all play as a striker for their clubs so why put them into the attacking midfielder role?

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

I expect it will be close to this although I think Ricketts & Hoilett will be on opposite flanks and you may see James instead of Vitoria. Also possibly switch the roles for Edgar & Hutchinson, and the x factor is how healthy Doneil is.

Yes, I meant to have Hoilett and Ricketts on opposite sides and if Henry is seen as healthy enough he probably starts!

1 minute ago, Bully said:

Floro's starting 11 will be

--------------Larin--------------
Hoilett-Straith-Arfield-Ricketts
De Jong-Vitoria-Jakovic-Henry

Starting 9* And Straithis not listed as a midfielder like Edgar

I think Floro literally is going to park 8 CBs across Canada's goal for the draw at Honduras.

Going for a 0-0 draw in Honduras and elk out a 1-0 in Vancouver. Problem is, there is no attacking depth on that roster, and Floro plays guys not in their best or natural position

3 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I think Floro literally is going to park 8 CBs across Canada's goal for the draw at Honduras.

Going for a 0-0 draw in Honduras and elk out a 1-0 in Vancouver. Problem is, there is no attacking depth on that roster, and Floro plays guys not in their best or natural position

He had two CBs in midfield finishing the win-or-out match against Costa Rica at BMO in the GC.   

Archived