19- CB- Steven Vitória | POL / Lechia Gdansk
20- FB / CB- Karl W. Ouimette | USA / Jacksonville Armada
21- F- Cyle Larin | USA / Orlando City SC
22- GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK Fotbol
23- M- Tesho Akindele | USA / FC Dallas

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henry is healthy enough to play? That makes the Dixon call up a little more confusing. If they plan to use him in the midfield, I'd rather Chapman, Osorio, or a 75% health WJ. Hainault is back? I would've thought another defender like Gasparotto might have earned that spot. Also, not a big fan of the Haber callup, would've loved Hamilton or Petrasso. I guess my hopes will have to wait until the next cycle. Either way, for the most part we have the core starting squad that we wanted.

So my prediction...expecting a heavily veteran squad to ensure no losses at all costs, along with Edgar in the mid again.

Stama

Ledgerwood - James - Vitoria - de Jong

Hutchinson

Ricketts - Edgar - Arfield - Hoilet

Larin

Subs: Straith on for someone, Samuel "the inevitable sub" Piette, and a late appearance from Akindele

4 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Henry is healthy enough to play? That makes the Dixon call up a little more confusing. If they plan to use him in the midfield, I'd rather Chapman, Osorio, or a 75% health WJ. Hainault is back? I would've thought another defender like Gasparotto might have earned that spot. Also, not a big fan of the Haber callup, would've loved Hamilton or Petrasso. I guess my hopes will have to wait until the next cycle. Either way, for the most part we have the core starting squad that we wanted.

Haber has been good when called upon for Canada. His hold-up play (which he does better than any other player in our pool) could be valuable should we be trying to run out the clock in either of these matches.

Ok, so now I don't understand the Jamar Dixon call-up. He's listed as a midfielder while Doneil, Ledgerwood, Ouimette and De Jong are listed as fullbacks - two for each side. So if he's not there for FB cover, it means that he beats out the likes of Johnson, Osorio, Teibert & Chapman to cover for midfield. Heck, he even beat out Bekker & Bernier for that matter.

Archived