Roster for September WCQ - News / Discussion

shermanator

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

The Jamar Dixon Tweet did exist

14112001_10209912733752721_1006622136_n.jpg?oh=bebcac9eb0adbcda4f7917d309f67c10&oe=57C21000

This is the link it redirects to http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news/2016/08/25/fury-fc-midfielder-and-ottawa-native-jamar-dixon-called-to-represent-canada

Pretty well confirms that

Huh, pretty surprising inclusion for me, Tissot seems far more deserving. That said Ottawa are having cataclysmic injury troubles at the moment, so perhaps they didn't want to give up one of their guaranteed starters to be a depth player for the national team?

2 minutes ago, gator said:

30 minutes apparently!

Floro:  Victor, is one of the supporters on the phone.  They consider that the announcement is too long, no?

Victor:  F*&%ing wifi.  Uh, just tell them half an hour, okay Benny?  Attaboy.

2 minutes ago, Zem said:

Huh, pretty surprising inclusion for me, Tissot seems far more deserving. That said Ottawa are having cataclysmic injury troubles at the moment, so perhaps they didn't want to give up one of their guaranteed starters to be a depth player for the national team?

There is no way the CSA should be taking direction from clubs on call ups for decisive WCQ games. 

3 minutes ago, Zem said:

I doubt we are worrying about accommodating Ottawa before the most important set of games in 4 years. I assume he is RB cover with Henry out. That is the only logical thing I can think of anyway.  

5 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I doubt we are worrying about accommodating Ottawa before the most important set of games in 4 years. I assume he is RB cover with Henry out. That is the only logical thing I can think of anyway.  

This theory makes sense to me as well.

14 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I think so too, I was just spitballing possible reasons. Didn't know Henry was out, so that makes a lot more sense then.

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I think we can pretty much guarantee Ledgerwood will be on the team with depth issues at DM and RB, both of which he can play (though if we see him on the field I hope it's the former).

It has to be the former, in the role he was used in Mexico, providing support for the RB (Ouimette?).  

CANADA
1- GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Impact Montréal
2- FB- Nik Ledgerwood | CAN / FC Edmonton
3- CB- Manjrekar James | HUN / Vasas Budapest
4- CB- Dejan Jaković | JPN / Shimizu S-Pulse
5- CB / M- David Edgar | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
6- M- Jamar Dixon | CAN / Ottawa Fury FC
7- M- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Walsall FC
8- FB- Doneil Henry | ENG / West Ham United
9- F- Marcus Haber | Unattached
10- M- David Junior Hoilett | Unatached
11- M- Tosaint Ricketts | CAN / Toronto FC
12- CB- André Hainault | GER / 1. FC Magdeburg
13- M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
14- M- Samuel Piette | ESP / CD Izarra
15- CB- Adam Straith | NOR / Fredrikstad FK
16- M- Scott Arfield | ENG / Burnley FC
17- FB- Marcel De Jong | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
18- GK- Milan Borjan | BUL / PFK Ludogorets Razgrad
19- CB- Steven Vitória | POL / Lechia Gdansk
20- FB / CB- Karl W. Ouimette | USA / Jacksonville Armada
21- F- Cyle Larin | USA / Orlando City SC
22- GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK Fotbol
23- M- Tesho Akindele | USA / FC Dallas

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-s-september-squad-announced-for-crucial-fifa-world-cup-qualifiers-p159839

Archived