Roster for September WCQ - News / Discussion

shermanator

I semi-retract my above post. We could def use WJ the last 15 mins if we need a goal. 

Hope their is an explanation. Someone from the media hopefully asks. 

Also, any chance he could be added to the HOME match!? Or are these rosters "final"?

I mean what if Arfield gets a yellow in Honduras. :'(... would that allow us to add WJ?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shorty said:

From the Whitecaps website:

This Friday at 7 p.m. PT, Sam Adekugbe, Kianz Froese, and Russell Teibert will wear the Red and White and represent the Canadian men’s national team against Honduras in a crucial CONCACAF qualifying match for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Tickets remain available for Friday's match at ticketmaster.ca.

This is surely about November's match? 

My guess is it was WJ's decision. If it was Floro's decision we probably wouldn't hear about it until the roster was released and everyone got blindsided. The fact that a TFC reporter got wind of it shows there was a discussion involving WJ. 

3 minutes ago, johnyb said:

My guess is it was WJ's decision. If it was Floro's decision we probably wouldn't hear about it until the roster was released and everyone got blindsided. The fact that a TFC reporter got wind of it shows there was a discussion involving WJ. 

Unless there's a health issue regarding recovery and travelling, I can't imagine WJ wanting to take a pass on those two games.

Just now, BearcatSA said:

I wonder if Osorio will get back into the squad with these matches?

I actually believe Chapman deserves it over Osorio, which is a first.

3 hours ago, Fastfeet2 said:

Depends if he was training everyday and just not being select, or if he was injured for 2 months just returning. Why are you comparing Atiba to Will though? Different class player.

Will Johnson is a 2 time MLS Cup Champion, a 3 time MLS All Star, the 2008 MLS Goal of the Year winner, the 2013 Canadian Player of the Year and the 2013 Portland Timbers Supporters Player of the Year. When fit and healthy he is one of our best players.

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Will Johnson is a 2 time MLS Cup Champion, a 3 time MLS All Star, the 2008 MLS Goal of the Year winner, the 2013 Canadian Player of the Year and the 2013 Portland Timbers Supporters Player of the Year. When fit and healthy he is one of our best players.

And your point? I said Atiba is a different class. What do 2013 statistics have to do with 2016 anyway?

4 minutes ago, canta15 said:

I actually believe Chapman deserves it over Osorio, which is a first.

Based on the rapid improvement he has made over the course of the season and the skill set he brings to the attacking role in midfield, he certainly has pushed himself into the picture.   

1 minute ago, Fastfeet2 said:

And your point? I said Atiba is a different class. What do 2013 statistics have to do with 2016 anyway?

Some players on our team are always going to be on it because their quality benefits our team. Players such as Hutchinson, Johnson, and Hoilett should always be on the roster unless their club performance is extremely bad.

My point is Will Johnson is one of Canada's best players. Atiba is our best player, Will is right behind him. 

As far as statistics, it's what we use to judge players in sports. A players pedigree and ability is based on his statistics. Will has accomplished more than 99% of our CMNT pool. 

Everyone's gotta chill... WJs coming off a broken foot simple as that. We are officially past the point where WJ with a broken foot was better than the next-best thing.

Just now, Oranje said:

Everyone's gotta chill... WJs coming off a broken foot simple as that. We are officially past the point where WJ with a broken foot was better than the next-best thing.

I disagree. I've questioned Floro's judgement before but remained loyal. If Larson is correct and Will is not in this camp because he only recently returned from injury I will be very disappointed. 

55 minutes ago, gator said:

In 45 minutes!

Thank you!

Also, i can understand why Ouimette is being called up ...floro is probably trying to ride with the same team more or less going into the final 2 games (For Chemistry purposes). However, with this being said..... I really dont understand how he is always basically a guarantee to be on the team.

3 minutes ago, Oranje said:

He has played club ball.  If he wasn't fit TFC would not be risking further injury.  So a fit Johnson is the best option.

2 minutes ago, Canadian Pride said:

Thank you!

Also, i can understand why Ouimette is being called up ...floro is probably trying to ride with the same team more or less going into the final 2 games (For Chemistry purposes). However, with this being said..... I really dont understand how he is always basically a guarantee to be on the team.

Depth player, probably won't start, but has been decent when called upon by Floro.

Archived