Roster for September WCQ - News / Discussion

shermanator

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, king1010 said:

With de guzman out injured this makes even less sense. 

I have a theory that he will go down to Honduras and play injured. As much as I love the Fury, for De Guzman at 35, his club career doesn't matter as much as the #CANMNT at this point. He may be willing to risk further injury to play in that game.

2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I have a theory that he will go down to Honduras and play injured. As much as I love the Fury, for De Guzman at 35, his club career doesn't matter as much as the #CANMNT at this point. He may be willing to risk further injury to play in that game.

Wouldnt put it past floro. Leave johnson at home. Call up injured de guzman. #florologic

25 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Couldn't find an actual thread on the roster for the upcoming qualifiers, so here's a dedicated one where we can panic once the roster is released tomorrow.

Anyways, Kurt Larson says that Will Johnson won't be on the roster. To me, that's a big time shocker.

WTF...

4 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Not fully match fit? When was the last time he played a full 90?

He last played a full 90 in the Canadian Championship final on June 29th. I don't think he's a surefire starter even when fit, but he is definitely someone who should be in the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if TFC were not enthused with the idea of letting their recently healed player play 2 intense matches in less than ideal conditions, and communicated as much to Floro.

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

He last played a full 90 in the Canadian Championship final on June 29th. I don't think he's a surefire starter even when fit, but he is definitely someone who should be in the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if TFC were not enthused with the idea of letting their recently healed player play 2 intense matches in less than ideal conditions, and communicated as much to Floro.

Yes that could be it too.

14 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Yeah I'd imagine if it's true it's a fitness/potential for re-injury concern and not a tactical choice

It's gotta be a fitness issue.

And it wouldn't be a new precedent for Floro to call de Guzman while he is missing games for the Fury. He did that last year as well, I believe for the Belize qualifiers. De Guzman was injured again in the Belize qualifiers. Don't think that will happen here though, I believe de Guzman was expected to be out through mid September.

Even if that's what it was, which I doubt it is, we don't have the depth to drop a guy like Will Johnson. Hutchinson, Arfield, Cristante, Edgar? Straith? PIETTE? None of these players are better than Will Johnson. It makes so little sense I still refuse to believe it.

All reports were that Will Johnson was feeling well after his recovery and was even ready to feature in Houston, but Vanney had to burn his subs. I really hope he hasn't had an injury set back.

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

Even if that's what it was, which I doubt it is, we don't have the depth to drop a guy like Will Johnson. Hutchinson, Arfield, Cristante, Edgar? Straith? PIETTE? None of these players are better than Will Johnson. It makes so little sense I still refuse to believe it.

All reports were that Will Johnson was feeling well after his recovery and was even ready to feature in Houston, but Vanney had to burn his subs. I really hope he hasn't had an injury set back.

Wait what? Did you just say johnson was better than arfield and hutchinson? 

This is the biggest set of games we have in 4 years. I dont care if tfc asks to hold johnson back. You tell them to shove it. 

Archived