WCQ - September Viewing Parties

Admin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I spoke to John Pugh last game about opening the stadium early and putting the game on the big screen before the Fury game at 7pm. He seemed to like he idea. Might be an option.

That would cool. I'll keep an eye on the Fury Twitter.

Safe travels brother.

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

That would cool. I'll keep an eye on the Fury Twitter.

Safe travels brother.

I dunno...I'm afraid the Fury will cut off the game on the screen in the 89th minute with Canada up 1-0 in order to announce the starting lineups for the NASL game.  Then you'll see me lose imy shit and start ripping up seats like those Millwall fans did at Luton Town in the 80s.

I'll stay at the Georgetown for my own good.  :-)

30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I dunno...I'm afraid the Fury will cut off the game on the screen in the 89th minute with Canada up 1-0 in order to announce the starting lineups for the NASL game.  Then you'll see me lose imy shit and start ripping up seats like those Millwall fans did at Luton Town in the 80s.

I'll stay at the Georgetown for my own good.  :-)

Haha... See you at the Georgetown, I think Ry is joining me. And we're both in for the Fury game afterwards.

Winnipeg Viewing Party will be confirmed tomorrow.    Most likely it will be Nicolino's on Pembina, as they have hosted and accommodated the V's for the past matches, including the Olympic matches involving our bronze medal-winning women's team.

After some thought hitting the snooze button this morning I reflected on that unspeakable match from last cycle.  I watched it with 2 others in my basement.

Today as with the March WCQ matches v Mexico there will be around 40 people at a pub in Oshawa to watch with. 

That game was a step back but it terms of support the last four years have been a leap forward. If only Mad Dog and Maestro were here it would be perfect.  NO matter the result today the future is bright.

In reality its a big thanks to the dedicated few people who have supported the National teams for years, and with help from the WNT for their  Olympic showings and getting people who 'only like baseball' to stand and take notice....and to my wife who will delay watching Coronation St. while I stream a grainy U15 match and get just as invested in the result as I am.

Archived