Liam Millar

Northvansteve

3 minutes ago, One American said:

Like David, needs to stop "looking good" and "not being out of place" and start scoring. 

Sorry to be the ugly American. 

No apology required. I for one appreciate you coming on and giving us a different perspective. It is easy for Canadian fans to have the blinders on about our own. I enjoy hearing your take on our players. 

3 minutes ago, One American said:

Yeah, but it's like 35. And he has 2 goals. 

I agree that production for Millar is overdue, but I agree with @dyslexic nam too. It's 1 game in. Let's see where he is at 5 games in, 10 games in, etc. 

I have a good feeling about this loan. I wouldn't be surprised to see him score 4 or 5 goals in this half season loan. For me that's a reasonable target. Obviously we are wanting more and I am sure he is as well. Let's see what happens. I missed the match but it sounds like he's off to a positive start. The fact he started the match is very encouraging too!

Edited by Obinna

The left side was the wild side today, great debut, nice to see him do well, while the right mid kept taking on the left back and couldn’t get a cross through.Also enjoyed his vision moving the ball across the field. 
He will keep building from here and already looks in a better place to develop. 

He hit a couple of nice lobbed through balls in the first half. Also created the most opportunities, he’s pretty good at cutting in and getting a shot off. My one criticism would be losing the ball a few times trying to beat his man but at least they weren’t in bad spots, I don’t mind Canadian players being direct. 

I think there will be a pressure to get a respectable amount of goals/assists though. 

4 hours ago, Bdog said:

He hit a couple of nice lobbed through balls in the first half. Also created the most opportunities, he’s pretty good at cutting in and getting a shot off. My one criticism would be losing the ball a few times trying to beat his man but at least they weren’t in bad spots, I don’t mind Canadian players being direct. 

I think there will be a pressure to get a respectable amount of goals/assists though. 

I didn’t get a chance to watch much but in the little I did see, I noticed this as well. We’ve heard that he was brought in to take on players off the dribble though, so it seems like he’s doing what he is told. I’m sure he’ll learn when the time is right to try to beat his man and when the time is right to pass to the open man. He hasn’t exactly had much time to learn the team’s systems and what’s expected of him yet.

Two starts in two games goes 90 mins today in a crazy game 4-4. Rochdale, had 4 shots in the first half all 4 went in...

he is  still trying to find his feet. He’s had a total of 4 training sessions so far with his new team. He will improve but has done really well so far. A constant threat down the left side. Combined well down the left with the left back grew into the game and made a crazy 60 yard run that should have ended up in a goal and and assist for Liam. 

The team needs to improve defensively (missing some big players atm) to win games

but this is good for Liam. Really good a really challenge in men’s football pushing him to improve. Has a 6.7 and a 6.9 rating so far very happy with the loan so far...

most fans think he was one of the better players  a winger taking players on will always split the vote...

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/90846/players-marks-charlton-v-rochdale-closes-wednesday-tea-time/p2 

Edited by spitfire

48 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Two starts in two games goes 90 mins today in a crazy game 4-4. Rochdale, had 4 shots in the first half all 4 went in...

he is  still trying to find his feet. He’s had a total of 4 training sessions so far with his new team. He will improve but has done really well so far. A constant threat down the left side. Combined well down the left with the left back grew into the game and made a crazy 60 yard run that should have ended up in a goal and and assist for Liam. 

The team needs to improve defensively (missing some big players atm) to win games

but this is good for Liam. Really good a really challenge in men’s football pushing him to improve. Has a 6.7 and a 6.9 rating so far very happy with the loan so far...

most fans think he was one of the better players  a winger taking players on will always split the vote...

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/90846/players-marks-charlton-v-rochdale-closes-wednesday-tea-time/p2 

Amazing stuff spitfire. Thank-you for sharing all of this. I think I can speak for everyone by saying it's been incredible to have you here sharing your firsthand insight. Cheers

23 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Huh? He needs to at least play at the Championship level to prove he’s “at the very least championship level.” 

I think he means that an "excellent" League One player should at least translate into an "average" Championship player.

Edited by Obinna

39 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Where does he have to land on that scale to be in Liverpool's starting XI? :D

"dominant League one player?"

Hey man, I am just clarifying for Floortom what Dominic94 said. 

But to answer your question / potential trolling attempt, I would say that dominant League one player would be a minimum requirement :)