Liam Millar

Northvansteve

I think he has been bright. Every time you watch him his raw pace and power is evident. He is also able to combine in tight areas, too, and already appears to have good synergy with his fullback (though the timing of his passes could be a bit better, but I think that will come with more mutual understanding).

I like this type of player. I would say he can be even more direct and purposeful. Based on the 45 minutes of League One I have watched so far, I expect him to be one of the better players in every match at this level.

Well he's not out of place.

There's third tier England, with a lot of pace, some bad decision-making and not too attractive on the ball.  Charlton only started to get a bit of control and showed they could dominate, but only for short stints.

League One may be good for his development, and he surely could take the step up a tier, but it's not the level we need to have players at in normal circumstances.

Charlton look to be out of position, or very loose on the pitch, even Liam seems out of sorts at times. I don't see him tracking back and defending  as much as someone coming out of the midfield should. Their CBs are sloppy and don't mark tight, they don't seem to have DMs watching what is happening at the front of the box. I'd say they were outplayed by far, regardless of the goal.

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well he's not out of place.

There's third tier England, with a lot of pace, some bad decision-making and not too attractive on the ball.  Charlton only started to get a bit of control and showed they could dominate, but only for short stints.

League One may be good for his development, and he surely could take the step up a tier, but it's not the level we need to have players at in normal circumstances.

Charlton look to be out of position, or very loose on the pitch, even Liam seems out of sorts at times. I don't see him tracking back and defending  as much as someone coming out of the midfield should. Their CBs are sloppy and don't mark tight, they don't seem to have DMs watching what is happening at the front of the box. I'd say they were outplayed by far, regardless of the goal.

agreed, Charlton are looking a little extra sloppy at times - but for a very first outing with the side, there's definitely the argument to be made that Liam's had a solid and lively start to life so far, despite the defensive issues.

A very respectable debut. Was the best player for Charlton in the first half. A different keeper and he gets a goal. Worked very hard both ways, combined wel and was a threat every time he got the ball.  I though had a very mature performance. Probably a little leg heavy in the 2nd half as that was a much higher tempo then u23s. 
very happy for him something to build on for sure....