Jump to content
Northvansteve

Liam Millar

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Strait Red said:

Personally if Liam ends up in the championship next season, I’d like to see him follow in @spitfire ‘s footsteps and play for Charlton Athletic. They are in a relegation battle right now, but if they stay up it could be a good landing spot. They currently have 3 loanees from PL teams, so they could be a possibility.

Lee Bowyer, the current Charlton manager, is a low-life piece of ****. I'd rather our young players avoid contact with such a vile human. That being said, I have a soft spot for Charlton and rate the Valley behind only Craven Cottage as my favourite London ground.

Edited by SthMelbRed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kind of tells you the situation for Liam when Elliot, a 17-year old, makes the bench and appears and Liam is nowhere to be seen. We'll see if he makes a cameo after Liverpool wins the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not concerned with Liam at Liverpool, its a just theory that sounds too good to say right now.

His next move is what will excite me, and l'm hoping it's in the championship and he show's what he can do! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VinceA said:

kind of tells you the situation for Liam when Elliot, a 17-year old, makes the bench and appears and Liam is nowhere to be seen. We'll see if he makes a cameo after Liverpool wins the league.

Harvey Elliot is going to be a star for Liverpool and England for many years to come. Being behind him is no slight on Liam. There are others at Liverpool that are also ahead of Liam for late-season Premier League minutes. I summarised this a page or two back. The important thing for Liam right now is to learn as much as possible in training over the next couple of months and to choose the best loan arrangement on offer for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool could win the league today if Man City drops points.  If not, they should win the league in their next game.  That means, title clinched with 6 or 7 games remaining and I would love to see some of the young kids get some action (especially Liam) in the remaining games.  Unfortunately, Liverpool are eliminated from Champions League and FA Cup and there is less incentive to rest their key players but hopefully Liam can earn a couple premier league appearances especially given the 5 substitutions right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

6 games in 17 days for Liverpool in July. Hope Liam can get a couple runs out.

Now that the season is won, I expect they will greatly expand their roster.  
 

It would be great if Liam could get into 3-4 of those games and show what he can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klopp on trying to break City's 100-point record: "Sounds nice to me but not sure whether it's possible playing every three days as we will have to make a lot of chances. We need to be lucky with injuries."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Liam gets into a game. That's what I would do on FM!

I'm of the opinion that the EPL should start cancelling games that are meaningless due to COVID. Although I guess it's still too early for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, narduch said:

I hope Liam gets into a game. That's what I would do on FM!

I'm of the opinion that the EPL should start cancelling games that are meaningless due to COVID. Although I guess it's still too early for that

Not really any meaningless games at this point as most teams are either fighting for Europe or trying to avoid relegation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool can relax a bit these next few matches, then they have to ramp up again to prepare for Champions. Say in the 3rd week of July, last 2-3 league matches.

Can anyone confirm that Liam has indeed been training these months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Liverpool can relax a bit these next few matches, then they have to ramp up again to prepare for Champions. Say in the 3rd week of July, last 2-3 league matches.

 

Liverpool is out of the Champions League.  Atletico beat them.

Also out of the FA Cup.  Only the league matches left.

Edited by CanadianSoccerFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Liverpool is out of the Champions League.  Atletico beat them.

Also out of the FA Cup.  Only the league matches left.

Right you are, my bad. Then play the kids and those you want to shop out on transfer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liam is officially a Premier League Champion even though he barely played any games for Liverpool but still he is acknowledged as a champion but with him and Davies winning titles in England and Germany, I wonder who is next to win a league title? David hopefully wherever he ends up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Liam is officially a Premier League Champion even though he barely played any games for Liverpool but still he is acknowledged as a champion but with him and Davies winning titles in England and Germany, I wonder who is next to win a league title? David hopefully wherever he ends up

You only get a medal if you play five games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@spitfire Was Liam at Formby Hall the other night for the Chelsea/City match and the subsequent party? I've seen some of the younger players in the background of some of the videos posted to social media, but it's hard to make out the faces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@spitfire found this video of Liam when he was at the TFC Academy and a ball boy at 12 years of age (he is the kid at the end of the video sticking his tongue out).  As you can tell, he was an average size for his age.  He shared it with me and was okay passing it along to fellow Voyageurs.  

Had to publish it on YouTube as it was the only way I could share it.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shway said:

Cool video. 

I wonder if there are any other faces in there that are playing pro.

As far as I know not a single player from that video made it past u16 at TFC  or plays pro. Except Liam. (If anyone knows different please let me know)

there were some really quality players there a keeper named Alex. A defender named Jayden A striker who’s name I can’t remember. . Glen  M and Shaun Hundal came to TFC a few years later than this video 

Ryan Raposo wasn’t selected as part of that group. (too small again, Liam and Ryan played together for one season in Burlington U12) 


The voice on the tape is Rick Titus btw.  A great coach from NMSC and TFC. Played a few games for TFC too ...


sorry for my limited replies. the twitter post of my response on here has forced me to be selective in what I’ say. I thought this was  a closed group didn’t expect to be quoted.... I even msgd the guy on twitter Asking to take down the post and he blanked me and left it up. 

Will try to add what I can but won’t talk any specifics at all as don’t want it repeated outside of here ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spitfire said:

As far as I know not a single player from that video made it past u16 at TFC  or plays pro. Except Liam. (If anyone knows different please let me know)

there were some really quality players there a keeper named Alex. A defender named Jayden A striker who’s name I can’t remember. . Glen  M and Shaun Hundal came to TFC a few years later than this video 

Ryan Raposo wasn’t selected as part of that group. (too small again, Liam and Ryan played together for one season in Burlington U12) 


The voice on the tape is Rick Titus btw.  A great coach from NMSC and TFC. Played a few games for TFC too ...


sorry for my limited replies. the twitter post of my response on here has forced me to be selective in what I’ say. I thought this was  a closed group didn’t expect to be quoted.... I even msgd the guy on twitter Asking to take down the post and he blanked me and left it up. 

Will try to add what I can but won’t talk any specifics at all as don’t want it repeated outside of here ....

I think we all completely understand your position, and as always thanks for sharing what you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

When Klopp was asked about Liverpool using games to take a look at youth.

"I don't think these kinds of questions will be asked to Frank Lampard or Ole Gunnar Solskjaer -- we are the champions now, we should be bringing in the young boys, give them a chance, have a look...then perhaps we lose the games and everyone starts going at us, saying we lost focus," Klopp said. "We want to win football games and to do that we need the best players on the pitch.

"They [the young boys] are so close, they really good and they are the future 100% but they will not play now because I want to see them in a Premier League game. We don't give Premier League games as Christmas presents. We cannot do that. We are really in the competition and it's not only about other teams, we just want to do that and win.

"It's not like we will give appearances or Premier League games away like sweets. We have to make sure we have the best possible XI on the pitch and the other guys who fit the formation best will come on and then we make that decision in the next game. The young guys are really close, but we do not give Premier League games away for fun." - Klopp

 

I really thought Klopp would use the remaining games to take a look at young guys like Liam, and maybe he will. He may just be putting the media in their place. In my head id rather play young guys then risk injuring one of the first team players for points that don't matter. Klopp seems to want to maintain the strongest momentum he can instead. Cant fault him, he knows what hes doing! If Liam gets some minutes, he will really have earned it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...