Liam Millar

Northvansteve

9 hours ago, shamrock said:

Minutes are everything for a young player. So a loan to a smaller club would be preferable to another year training in a really good environment. In the U18' and even the U21's there's no audience, no grown men, barely any pressure. Go to League 2 or 1 and all of that will be there. I really don't see the downside to this cause if he's really good there Liverpool will bring him back. Most players developed in England went on loans or were developed at lower level teams anyway. 

Well Steven Gerrard is watching! lol (and sometimes even Klopp). I think there is pressure, especially if a player wants to make it to the first team, which I assume they all do. So in that sense it is also very competitive.

But I get the sense that some people show up to Liverpool U23 matches? Seems like they are broadcast on the web as well?

On 23/04/2018 at 12:29 PM, shamrock said:

Minutes are everything for a young player. So a loan to a smaller club would be preferable to another year training in a really good environment. In the U18' and even the U21's there's no audience, no grown men, barely any pressure. Go to League 2 or 1 and all of that will be there. I really don't see the downside to this cause if he's really good there Liverpool will bring him back. Most players developed in England went on loans or were developed at lower level teams anyway. 

Yeah but the U23s have grown men in them, Danny Ings has played several times in Liverpool U23s this season for example. And first team players for Liverpool like Alexander-Arnold never went on loan and are doing well, it all depends on the players commitment and desire in my opinion.

I always felt Peters didn’t do well in the end because he wasn’t dedicated enough, and whether he was playing for Ipswich or training with Chelsea he didn’t have that full desire/commitment/attitude or whatever to make it stick. It’s a shame cause when he played for Ipswich he looked good, and had arshavin in his pocket against Arsenal when they played at Portman road. Millar will do well with whatever situation he is in because he appears to have the drove to constantly better himself, same with Davies. Just my two cents anyway

51 minutes ago, BradMack said:

Steven Gerrard linked to the Rangers job. Could see Arfield spraying balls to Millar on the wing ;)

Millar on a loan to the rangers would be a great idea. The rangers are going to  be contending for the SPL title and to get into champions league or Europa league. It would be good  preparation for the EPL, after watching a few games the SPL is a tough,  physical league. With his skill and if he could handle the  physicality at his age he’s gonna be one hell of a player. 

With Gerrard and Arfield huge Bonus!

Millar on a loan to Rangers is a bad idea for Liverpool. I can't see Rangers doing a loan like that without a buy-on clause that Rangers could pay. I doubt that Liverppol would be ready to do that now. Youth player loans don't happen like that. A Championship loan would be just as good in terms of level and it's not like Rangers are going to play in Europa League proper. For the player, it might be interesting, but let's be clear. It won't happen.

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Millar on a loan to Rangers is a bad idea for Liverpool. I can't see Rangers doing a loan like that without a buy-on clause that Rangers could pay. I doubt that Liverppol would be ready to do that now. Youth player loans don't happen like that. A Championship loan would be just as good in terms of level and it's not like Rangers are going to play in Europa League proper. For the player, it might be interesting, but let's be clear. It won't happen.

Not even if Steven Gerrard is the head coach? The guy loves Millar and has a great relationship with Liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Not even if Steven Gerrard is the head coach? The guy loves Millar and has a great relationship with Liverpool. 

I just don't see it. Not that Millar is not good enough for Rangers, but I don't see Liverpool wanting him to go there. 

4 hours ago, Yoginess said:

Is Liam good enough to start for Rangers? Isn't that asking a bit much?

I think the question to ask would be, "Is he good enough to challenge to be in the 18?" If so, then why not port (on a year loan) to a top club with a manager who believes in him? As most of us have seen over the years, faith in a player from the manager is so hard to come by, especially when you have any element of foreign status.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, spitfire said:

sorry if its too much but some guy online posted this long video of Liam's best bits this season...had to share... an yes they spelled his name wrong...lol  it really gets good after the first 30 seconds..

No way is this too much! We can't get enough of him! But we really need to put out a PSA about how to spell his last name. Liam Miller was the former Manchester United and Ireland international. 

Just now, Kent said:

Is it just me or does his jersey number change between each clip? Come on Liverpool, how about some number stability!

Haven't watched the clip yet but didn't he play at two levels this year?  That could explain it