Liam Millar

Northvansteve

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

So a disappointing and frustrating day and window He’s not going anywhere on loan this window  the deal just couldn’t be done ...

Too frustrated to say more... all I can say is he will keep his head up work harder and the next window is 11 weeks away...

more in a day or two 

cheers 

Sorry for your disappointment. FWIW Getting regular minutes for Liverpool U23 for the next 11 weeks doesn't sound so bad. If he tears up U23 he will be impossible to ignore. As always thanks for the updates.  

I know that there is nothing that can compare to playing or even being around a club like Liverpool. Or even playing in the Championship or even another European league like say a Belgium, Portugal or even a Switzerland. Developing in an environment where soccer is everything. However, was just wondering if TFC had enquired about taking him on on a loan. I’m just curious because of the fact that they got another young Liverpool player from the Liverpool U23 with bringing on Gallacher on a loan deal a few weeks back.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Why would anyone want a loan to MLS now to play for another 6 weeks, or in the winter window, to do three months pre-season? 

Tony Gallarcher just went on loan there, but he would be +3 weeks ahead of Liam. Maybe playing for +9 weeks instead of 6 makes a difference?

TFC have 8 remaining games plus play-offs (4 games best case scenario) + V-cup Final.  

Spitfire aside, nobody on this board wants to see Liam get into a game day 18 at Liverpool. Unfortunately, I just can't see it happening. Liverpool have a lot of top-tier internationals that are way ahead of him on the depth chart for the front 3 positions. Even with Brewster, Wilson, and Elliot moving, there's still Mane, Firmino, Salah, Jota, Minamino, Origi, and Shaqiri. In the past, Klopp has played Wijnaldum, Keita, and Curtis Jones, all ostensibly midfielders, in the front three when others have been missing. It would take an unprecedented injury crisis for Liam to get into a first-team matchday 18, let alone get onto the pitch, before the FA Cup starts up in January.

There's no shame in failing to break into that group. They are all world-class international players. That being said, if Liam can keep crushing it in the U23s, he can hopefully earn a lot more time training at Melwood. If he can do that for up to 11 weeks, that experience might just be close to as valuable as going out on loan to a Championship club. I really hope that they're already working on a January loan, though, as well.

4 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Spitfire aside, nobody on this board wants to see Liam get into a game day 18 at Liverpool. Unfortunately, I just can't see it happening. Liverpool have a lot of top-tier internationals that are way ahead of him on the depth chart for the front 3 positions. Even with Brewster, Wilson, and Elliot moving, there's still Mane, Firmino, Salah, Jota, Minamino, Origi, and Shaqiri. In the past, Klopp has played Wijnaldum, Keita, and Curtis Jones, all ostensibly midfielders, in the front three when others have been missing. It would take an unprecedented injury crisis for Liam to get into a first-team matchday 18, let alone get onto the pitch, before the FA Cup starts up in January.

There's no shame in failing to break into that group. They are all world-class international players. That being said, if Liam can keep crushing it in the U23s, he can hopefully earn a lot more time training at Melwood. If he can do that for up to 11 weeks, that experience might just be close to as valuable as going out on loan to a Championship club. I really hope that they're already working on a January loan, though, as well.

I think we all want to see Liam get into a game day 18 tbh. Obviously unlikely but don't know why we wouldn't want that.

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

Tony Gallarcher just went on loan there, but he would be +3 weeks ahead of Liam. Maybe playing for +9 weeks instead of 6 makes a difference?

TFC have 8 remaining games plus play-offs (4 games best case scenario) + V-cup Final.  

And he's been playing tons right? 

Anyways, you're conveniently forgetting he'd have to self isolate 2 weeks. 

MLS is a waste, two good matches in a top 2nd tier would be worth more. 

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Anyways, you're conveniently forgetting he'd have to self isolate 2 weeks

Not in the U.S.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

MLS is a waste, two good matches in a top 2nd tier would be worth more

@Obinna and @SoccMan mentioned it in the context of Millar, who no longer has that option until January.

It's all hypothetical but a loan to TFC probably wouldn't have been a good move for Millar, it's late in the season and Vanney would have him anchored on the bench behind the likes of Endoh, Deleon and Mullins, better off playing with Liverpool U23 until January IMHO!

50 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

You can watch him here if you like.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/my-albion-tv/videos

Watched a lot of this game.  Lost 1-0.

One of the older players in the side - captain and was performing well in that role.  Missing some strikers I think but nothing ended up coming off despite him being important in a lot of the build-up. 

Their defence looked like their senior counterparts as of late: open to all comers on the break and probably lucky they only gave up one. 

Looking for stuff on their game tonight and found this interview from yesterday:

'I was so happy to score my first goal - now I want to get more'

Liam Millar is on the hunt for more goals after netting his first of the season in Liverpool U23s' 3-1 win over Chelsea last weekend.

The Canada international kept his cool to slot home a penalty at the Academy and get off the mark in Premier League 2 – after he'd scored in style during a friendly victory against Salford City earlier in the month.

"It was good for me to get a goal and I was very pleased to get one," Millar told Liverpoolfc.com.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/413620-i-was-so-happy-to-score-my-first-goal-now-i-want-to-get-more

20 minutes ago, spitfire said:

He scored 6 goals in preseason this was his first league goal...

that being said he has basically done everything but score lol his two posts a cross bar... happy for him. 
Arsenal away tonight...

Will be watching. I saw a funny comment on Twitter about Liam looking like greizmann.