Liam Millar

Northvansteve

Just now, Keegan said:

League One is probably the best comparison to SPL.  Both are good levels but to say SPL is higher than that puts it up against the Championship and that’s a little too high. 

Like the SPL, I don’t think people realize how good league one is.  

Fair to say, I don't watch regularly watch League One. It is often referred to as easily the best third division in the world.

If I had to bet, I'd say a 'regular' SPL side would be a mid-low Championship side. But like I said earlier, I'd wager that there is quite a bit of variance in the SPL.

The team I support in England, Charlton Athletic, is in League One. I like watching both levels.

They are pretty good equivalents to each other;  the Scottish game is much more frantic and the differences in budgets in the SPFL is much greater than in League One meaning that a Celtic & Rangers can easily outspend everyone in League One (except maybe Sunderland) but that budgets of a Livingston or Hamilton are a fraction of a Rochdale.    

Edited by JamboAl

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/02/kenny-dalglishs-legacy-at-liverpool-continues-with-training-ground-role-explained/

If King Kenny was putting himself out there by recommending me to his former associates, I'd be walking around with balls the size of grapefruits. Praise doesn't come from many higher sources, does it? Well done, Liam!

20 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/02/kenny-dalglishs-legacy-at-liverpool-continues-with-training-ground-role-explained/

If King Kenny was putting himself out there by recommending me to his former associates, I'd be walking around with balls the size of grapefruits. Praise doesn't come from many higher sources, does it? Well done, Liam!

I was reading quickly and originally read "grapenuts".  Didn't seem that ambitious initially.

So a bit of an update.

This experience has been exactly what Liam needed. Scotland has been a blast, he was thrown right in but hit the ground running. He's now had two really good first team substitute appearances and is really growing as a player. It's the small things you don't get from youth football. The day to day competition and struggle of working towards trying to get that starting spot... being around pros who can help you with the details.. training for an opponent.. Liam is hungry and happy!!

Liam has come into a very good settled team but the manager Steve Clarke seems to have faith in him as he has thrown him into both games where he has come on and made a real impact and has been unlucky to not get his first goal. Big game on Saturday vs his former coach Stevie G and Rangers on Saturday!!!

It won't be easy but nothing worth doing is and nothing good comes out of being comfortable...Very happy with his loan move

59 minutes ago, spitfire said:

So a bit of an update.

This experience has been exactly what Liam needed. Scotland has been a blast, he was thrown right in but hit the ground running. He's now had two really good first team substitute appearances and is really growing as a player. It's the small things you don't get from youth football. The day to day competition and struggle of working towards trying to get that starting spot... being around pros who can help you with the details.. training for an opponent.. Liam is hungry and happy!!

Liam has come into a very good settled team but the manager Steve Clarke seems to have faith in him as he has thrown him into both games where he has come on and made a real impact and has been unlucky to not get his first goal. Big game on Saturday vs his former coach Stevie G and Rangers on Saturday!!!

It won't be easy but nothing worth doing is and nothing good comes out of being comfortable...Very happy with his loan move

I think we are all living vicariously through you.  Best of luck to you guys.

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

So a bit of an update.

Amazing to have you posting spitfire. Thanks so much for your insight. Cheers. 

• 1 month later...