Marc dos Santos to coach SF Deltas in 2017?

shermanator

21 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

Why doesn't he wait for a spot in MLS which many us would believe he would be successful as well. He has USL and has eyes on him from many MLS teams I'm sure if he is patient he will get his chance soon.

I wonder what happened in KC to make him change his mind. Seemed to be in line for the next head coaching position, and was an assistant this year. That or San Fran offered enough money. 

Obviously we do not know the financial details and career possibilities side to this or what his relationship was to the Fury management or whether he agreed with their plans for the coming season. However, the whole progression does seem strange, leaving Ottawa as it was starting to have success to go down a league and then go to another expansion NASL team. 

On 8/16/2016 at 6:34 PM, Scorpion26 said:

Why doesn't he wait for a spot in MLS which many us would believe he would be successful as well. He has USL and has eyes on him from many MLS teams I'm sure if he is patient he will get his chance soon.

He can do so from the NASL as well, his success in Ottawa put many eyes on him and that will continue if he does well with NASL San Francisco, likely more than he would at D3 Usl's Swope Park.

43 minutes ago, CDNFootballer said:

He can do so from the NASL as well, his success in Ottawa put many eyes on him and that will continue if he does well with NASL San Francisco, likely more than he would at D3 Usl's Swope Park.

When and who was the last coach from an NASL team moved to MLS? I honestly can not recall...

Besides I think had Vermes decided to leave perhaps he would of been next in line. In the end this man is doing what he chooses is best for him. I hope he gets to coach in MLS sometime soon and hopefully one of the three Canadian MLS teams

• 1 year later...

Guy can't catch a break. Takes on the Deltas (taking a step up) and then USL becomes D2 and NASL loses it's D2 status. 

Not only that but I don't think the Deltas will make the move to USL. Maybe, but USL has been courting a lot of California teams and I just don't see them being interested in the Deltas. Which leaves NISA. D3.

9 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

Guy can't catch a break. Takes on the Deltas (taking a step up) and then USL becomes D2 and NASL loses it's D2 status. 

Not only that but I don't think the Deltas will make the move to USL. Maybe, but USL has been courting a lot of California teams and I just don't see them being interested in the Deltas. Which leaves NISA. D3.

USL's D2 sanctioning hasn't been approved either and NASL still has recourse so its too early to make assumptions. There's a long way to go till things are sorted for 2018.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived