Predictions for Sept. 2 & 6,2016

MtlMario

21 minutes ago, Robert said:

Another sobering perspective is; "That It has been 5 hours and 40 minutes since we last scored a World Cup qualifying goal!"

To add to the sad perspectives Canada has scored 1 goal in Latin America dating back to 2012 and it was in the 8-1 defeat to Honduras, this is over a spand of 450 minutes.

This is without counting the friendly v Puerto Rico

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Robert said:

Another sobering perspective is; "That It has been 5 hours and 40 minutes since we last scored a World Cup qualifying goal!"

*5 hours and 22 minutes

Most of that is the two games against Mexico, so it's not totally fair considering we're talking about games against Honduras and El Salvador. Not to mention Scott Arfield is going to be in the XI for these games and we scored in our last two friendlies against similar opposition. Frankly I don't think there's any point being so overly pessimistic when we have a very good chance of advancing.

5 minutes ago, Zem said:

*5 hours and 22 minutes

Most of that is the two games against Mexico, so it's not totally fair considering we're talking about games against Honduras and El Salvador. Not to mention Scott Arfield is going to be in the XI for these games and we scored in our last two friendlies against similar opposition. Frankly I don't think there's any point being so overly pessimistic when we have a very good chance of advancing.

It's also 90+ minutes vs El Salvador B and getting a result in SPS is hard with or without Arfield but I do think our chances are for sure better with him.

Honduras 2 - Canada 0

Canada 1 - El Salvador 0

We're really dependent on Mexico smashing Honduras all to hell but geez we all know how brutal the heat and humidity is and I can no longer fault our guys if they allow a few past them in the Caribbean or Central America.

14 minutes ago, Tuscan said:

Honduras 2 - Canada 0

Canada 1 - El Salvador 0

We're really dependent on Mexico smashing Honduras all to hell but geez we all know how brutal the heat and humidity is and I can no longer fault our guys if they allow a few past them in the Caribbean or Central America.

What, realistically will Mexico have to beat Honduras by/ We beat El Salv by? Let's say we lose 1-0 in Honduras. 

^ This

If we don't draw or better in Honduras, we're not advancing.  And we don't deserve it.

If Floro's idea is to throw 6 centre backs out there and pray for a 0-0, at least I won't have to worry about any travel plans for the next little bit.

I see no reason why we can't score in Honduras. We have more weapons than 4 years ago. From an in form Larin to a capable Hoilett, a premier league starter in Arfield and of course Hutchinson. Even Jackson is scoring. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I see no reason why we can't score in Honduras. We have more weapons than 4 years ago. From an in form Larin to a capable Hoilett, a premier league starter in Arfield and of course Hutchinson. Even Jackson is scoring. 

We couldn't score against El Salvador's B-team. Of course we can score at Honduras, but let's not be delusional 

Realistically history can help figure out what kind of result might happen but we're talking one game, 4 years later where 4 maybe 5 players will be the same that started in the shellacking, which can be seen as positive because we'll have experience combined with reinforcements. 

If we make it through, it's going to be great fun trying to get to as many Hex games as I can.

If we don't, I'll just move on to support any other CanSoc initiatives that need it, including the men when they are back in the Gold Cup.

I've become a lot more zen about these things. Even though there have been noticeable improvements in a lot of areas in CanSoc, it is still a work in progress. So win or lose, I'll soldier on.

On a more serious note, and to continue Ryan's double-posting as the floodgates have now opened, I'm more in Rob's camp. I'm hoping for the best, but realize life doesn't end if things don't work out. Boy I'd love to blow all the money my girl and I have saved traveling to as many Hex matches as possible. She'd understand, right?

1 hour ago, Tuscan said:

On a more serious note, and to continue Ryan's double-posting as the floodgates have now opened, I'm more in Rob's camp. I'm hoping for the best, but realize life doesn't end if things don't work out. Boy I'd love to blow all the money my girl and I have saved traveling to as many Hex matches as possible. She'd understand, right?

Screw the living room furniture. Soccer is more important. 

I had a dream last night that we went up 1-0 early vs Honduras, on a goal from Arfield. I woke up at half time but I'll stick with that 1-0.

I will then predict we go out in the most Canada way possible and lose to El Salvador at home and see Honduras win at Azteca. 

Archived