F*ck Hope Solo

Macksam

53 minutes ago, Vic said:

Solo said what we've all thought a hundred times in games after we've lost.  She just made the mistake of using her outside voice.

So ironic she lost to Sweden because Hedvig Lindahl is Swedish for "oh sh*t"

You knew the Jill Ellis hire was an own goal waiting to happen.  It just took longer than expected.  Tom Sermani probably had a good grin.

The only game by Sweden I watched was the one against Germany (the gold medal match).  Lindahl wasn't good in that game.  For the USA game, I only watched the PK's and I know she saved Morgan's PK.  Was Lindahl not good in the rest of the tournament either?

Also, I don't know why Jill Ellis is keeping her job if Tom Sermani could not.  To the best of my memory (and I could be wrong), Sermani got fired because the USA tied some crappy teams in friendlies.  However, when Jill Ellis came on board, the USA actually lost in friendlies.  How is Jill Ellis better than Tom Sermani?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rkomar said:

"terminate my contract" sounds like she won't be getting paid.  They are on salaries, aren't they?

Apparently they get paid in two ways: their subsidized NWSL contract and a contract that pays them for USWNT appearances. The latter was cancelled and was big money apparently. Not sure how much the NWSL is. 

However, again at her age there probably wasn't much more to make for the national program, especially without a victory lap tour post-olympics

6 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Apparently they get paid in two ways: their subsidized NWSL contract and a contract that pays them for USWNT appearances. The latter was cancelled and was big money apparently. Not sure how much the NWSL is. 

However, again at her age there probably wasn't much more to make for the national program, especially without a victory lap tour post-olympics

I have seen the #NWSL portion listed at $56K and the US portion at $76K (not including bonuses).  

33 minutes ago, MrsC said:

I have seen the #NWSL portion listed at $56K and the US portion at $76K (not including bonuses).  

And considering the WC bonuses are the big money, from what I remember, this probably doesn't hurt her much since she probably wasn't going to make it to another one, but it still hurts her I assume to end her international career like this

Archived