Football In Antigua and Barbados

BuzzAndSting

Looking for some input. I'm travelling to Antigua at the end of October and then to Barbados for the first part of November and I'm curious about local football leagues and I've only been able to find limited information. I see the top league in Antigua will be in season but it looks like the Premier League in Barbados runs from January to June. I'm not expecting much but I'm interested in taking in a match or two. Can anyone confirm the dates of the Bajan league? I know the quality will be relatively low but I always enjoy taking in different sporting events, what ever the level, when I travel and as long as I have a place to sit and maybe a cold beer I'll be happy. 

Very cool idea, check out their facebook group..they seem relatively active. If you shoot them a msg im sure they'll be happy to help. https://www.facebook.com/antiguafootball/

I frequent Caribbean island almost annually and always try to get involved (mostly support) in their local soccer. Bring a Canada scarf and donate to the club you visit!  

ps - please edit the 'maybe a cold beer' to 'multiple cold beers'

12 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

Very cool idea, check out their facebook group..they seem relatively active. If you shoot them a msg im sure they'll be happy to help. https://www.facebook.com/antiguafootball/

I frequent Caribbean island almost annually and always try to get involved (mostly support) in their local soccer. Bring a Canada scarf and donate to the club you visit!  

ps - please edit the 'maybe a cold beer' to 'multiple cold beers'

Awesome, thanks. Didn't find the FB group in my initial search.

10 hours ago, shermanator said:

According to Soccerway, last year's Antiguan Premier League season started on Sept 26, 2015 and ended on Feb 14, 2016. 

I don't really have much input outside of this, but in my opinion live football is always good football. 

Thanks. I didn't even think to check soccerway as I assumed the league wouldn't be listed!

Archived