Marcus Haber

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Had his loan terminated at Falkirk and has now been released from his contract with Dundee. Interesting timing ?

Canadian Haber, on loan from Dundee, was intended as a striker for the season when signed by Paul Hartley but he has failed to make an impact at Falkirk. The tall frontman has also been released by new Dens Park boss Jim McIntyre and is on the look-out for a new club after Falkirk exercised a clause in his contract to terminate the loan early.

Read more at: https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/haber-and-dumbuya-leave-falkirk-1-4850924

11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Well, that's not a good sign for Marcus.  Let's see if there is another club willing to pay him £750-1,000/week in the UK.  Maybe the CPL (or USL...gasp) is his next best option.   

1000 (1500 CDN) a week, 32 week season.....lets say 50g for Haber to come to the CPL???  I have already called Gale about it...HEHEHE.  

12 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

You have to think Simpson and Friend are reaching out. 

That said, given Marcus is w Base, an agency with tremendous reach across the UK, I am cautiously optimistic he will be in the CPL in 2019.

I seem to recall Hart found him to be a useful player. I wouldn't doubt he'd give Haber a call, and with his loan and contract being ended simultaneously, seems very possible he's being released to pursue an opportunity. Hope to see him in CPL this year.

12 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

You have to think Simpson and Friend are reaching out. 

That said, given Marcus is w Base, an agency with tremendous reach across the UK, I am cautiously optimistic he will be in the CPL in 2019.

I seem to recall Hart found him to be a useful player. I wouldn't doubt he'd give Haber a call, and with his loan and contract being ended simultaneously, seems very possible he's being released to allow him to pursue an opportunity. Hope to see him in CPL this year.

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

He’s going to be a big signing for Victoria.  Haber honestly has a chance to win the Golden Boot this year in the CPL.

low-key that wouldn't be the greatest look for this league if anyone decided to see what his past was like, scoring wise.

I think you are likely expecting a lot if you think the CPL year one will be the same standard as English league One or the Scottish Prem or even Championship. I'd expect him to look good in the CPL and hopefully be just as useful passing on his experience to the younger players. 

It ain't going to be pretty to watch but it will be our ugly little duckling to build upon in the future and turn into a swan, or a seagull or something.